Author Topic: why metal halide lamps explode section 2[new]  (Read 2324 times)
form109
why metal halide lamps explode section 2[new] « on: June 28, 2008, 02:33:18 AM » Author: form109
beside derivication,if you really want to know something you have to get to the root of the problems that cause drivication the halides ,yes the halides are the root cause of derivication[in quartz lamps only]therefore the halides corosive effects on the quartz[similar to the reaction between hot sodium and quartz/glass but happening more slowly]in conclusion eliminate the halides or use only ceramic arctubes.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 08:30:59 PM by form109 » Logged
don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: why metal halide lamps explode section 2[new] « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 01:05:14 PM » Author: don93s
A factor to consider: from what I have understood, MH also operate at a higher gas pressure and have hotter electrodes to help keep the halide salts vaporized.

BTW....if you eliminate the halide salts, all will be left is a mercury lamp.

Another interesting thing...I've also heard of ceramic MH exploding as well at EOL. I would like to know more about the details of this.
Mr. Big
Re: why metal halide lamps explode section 2[new] « Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 05:18:28 PM » Author: Mr. Big
ceramic metal halide lamps dont explode,when the lamps is at eol it just goes out,or the arctube cracks.
Mr. Big
Re: why metal halide lamps explode section 2[new] « Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 04:52:25 PM » Author: Mr. Big
Or glows green until the arctube cracks!  ;D
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies