Author Topic: Quality and reliablilty or LEOTEK GreenCobra streetlights  (Read 644 times)
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Quality and reliablilty or LEOTEK GreenCobra streetlights « on: August 29, 2023, 09:24:44 PM » Author: HIDLad001
Since I have given up on obtaining an AEL Autobahn ATBX because there were no good Acuity Brands distributors where I live, I have instead thought about obtaining a Leotek light.

The model specifically is a ComfortView CV Greencobra (CV1-H-MV-27K-2R-GY-045-WL-BBL).

The application for this light will be dusk to dawn security lighting service, or just sitting around if I never get around to installing it.

Are the drivers or LEDs in these lights prone to failure?
Will it last a decent length of time?
Is it easily repairable?
All questions I would like to know the answers to before ordering one.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Quality and reliablilty or LEOTEK GreenCobra streetlights « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 04:35:04 AM » Author: Richmond2000
can not comment on the Leotek as I have never "touched" one but will state that Phillips Lumac roadfocus small is serviceable as the driver "ballast" is a sealed replaceable module like a traditional "ballast" and the LED panel looks to be removable and the GE Evolve are the same with a self contained "ballast"
getting the LED panels OR other parts as a NON UTILITY is likely hard
I have a roadfocus I plan on using as a backyard light dusk to dawn I got it off Ebay  http://www.ebay.com/itm/384405900629
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Quality and reliablilty or LEOTEK GreenCobra streetlights « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 08:21:36 AM » Author: HIDLad001
According to what is seen here for the Greencobra Jr. model (which this is based off with a couple of changes), it looks like the driver/ballast is a separate module that can be replaced.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 08:29:20 AM by HIDLad001 » Logged

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies