Author Topic: Spider and insect control  (Read 981 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Spider and insect control « on: July 14, 2017, 06:58:28 PM » Author: wattMaster
How can I keep spiders and insects out of my lights? I have a slight spider problem with my bucket light, but I don't want to get rid of them if they've already made a place to stay.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 07:04:29 PM by wattMaster » Logged

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Spider and insect control « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 07:05:44 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Make sure the seals are in good condition and form a tight seal between the covers and refractors. Also cable entry points is a good way for insects to get into a fitting so perhaps some silicone sealant there. Just a couple of ideas.
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Spider and insect control « Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 07:51:26 PM » Author: Lodge
If your good at wood working this site http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/uw290 has plans for a bat house, let nature take care of the insects for you and bats are very effective at controlling bugs, but yes seals in good condition also help, or you could swap out whatever type of light your running and go with a low pressure sodium light, they do attract the lowest amount of insects, but nothing is perfect in outside lighting bugs still seem to find a way in so you just clean them out every so often..
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies