Author Topic: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> -  (Read 12038 times)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
-<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « on: July 23, 2017, 08:40:33 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Dramatic title lmao

anyway,

So whats the origins of everyones usernames around here? this is something I've been curious about for a while and I'm sure theres some interesting stories to be heard,

My Original username on this site (ow346) is the default username i went to like 5 years ago, i kindof just subconsciously entered the first two letters of my name then encrypted my street address with it, then thats just what i used for alot of sites and games i joined

my current username stems from the fact that i like to build alot of my fixtures from parts lying around and from junk that was thrown out possibly decades ago hence "HomeBrew"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 08:42:18 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 09:16:10 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I had a 125W mercury lamp sitting on the desk in front of me when I got the idea of the name mercury lamps. A mercury lamp is long lasting and reliable like me. ;)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 10:26:07 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
lol i like that, very simple, me joining this site involved a merc aswell... only it was sitting across the room

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 04:30:19 PM » Author: Beta 5
My name is after the Thorn Beta 5 street light, this was my first street lantern, they are also my favourite lantern, and they used to light my road until 2014 when all but 3 were replaced by Phosco P567s with 50w SON on magnetic gear.

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 08:00:11 PM » Author: sol
Mine is the French name of the fifth degree of the C major scale (in music). Incidentally, someone pointed out it is also the name of a Dutch lamp manufacturer.
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 01:59:50 AM » Author: ace100w120v
@Sol, it's also 'sun' in Spanish.

Mine's pretty obvious, named after the 90s era GE-made Ace hardware store brand light bulbs, that were EVERYWHERE when I was a child.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 06:31:24 AM » Author: sol
@Sol, it's also 'sun' in Spanish.

Yes, and I found out a few days ago that it's also the name of a Mexican beer. I'm not a drinker at all, I found out from a poster in a restaurant. I much prefer the musical or Dutch lamp reason, though.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 12:44:28 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: HomeBrewLamps
So whats the origins of everyones usernames around here?
If you saw some of the Christmas  decorating I've done...
(and/or) all the sets of lights I have...

...you'd see why I picked the username I did .LOL.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 09:20:55 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
If you saw some of the Christmas  decorating I've done...
(and/or) all the sets of lights I have...

...you'd see why I picked the username I did .LOL.

Yours stick out well.  ;D

As mentioned earlier I just happened to have a mercury lamp nearby on my desk from my old job, however now that I'm a bus electrician it would more like be "Halogenlamps" or "Fluorescentlamps". :P
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 07:31:31 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Yours stick out well.  ;D

As mentioned earlier I just happened to have a mercury lamp nearby on my desk from my old job, however now that I'm a bus electrician it would more like be "Halogenlamps" or "Fluorescentlamps". :P
over the summer i was around a bus mechanic.. he had drawers upon drawers of lightbulbs, and boxes upon boxes of replacement flourescent lamps for the shoplights lmao

~Owen

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 09:11:43 PM » Author: Lumex120
Mine? I had to have it changed since someone was doxxing me. I just thought of 2 completely random things put together (Lumex is a made up company that makes LED cobraheads and 120 is 120v)

Unofficial LG Discord

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 03:50:09 AM » Author: funkybulb
Ive collected random strange lamps. Some bulbs just plain weird. I start name my self funkybulb
Cause of weirdness of my collection.

For one How about a spent nuclear fuel pool bulb?

How about a 125 watt britsh fluorescent tube in USA?

What about 5 foot fluorescent tubes from england
And 110 volt Fizzy light pack that runs the 65 watt
Lamps.

That gives u a idea why i pick that name.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 07:34:21 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Me and the wife keep horses, Jo has kept them for years, but I`m a bit of a late comer into the equine scene, but when you have been to plenty of horse shows, and got to know horses, they have brilliant characters!!

Then the film `Tangled` came out, and seeing Maximus the horse, `humanised` in the film was something I couldn`t stop laughing at when I watched it! ;D
The fight scene with Flynn when he had the sword in his mouth, (my avitar), was the best bit, so I though it was very fitting for a user name!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 11:30:02 AM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 12:51:03 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
over the summer i was around a bus mechanic.. he had drawers upon drawers of lightbulbs, and boxes upon boxes of replacement flourescent lamps for the shoplights lmao

Yeah my work is like that, there is a lot of drawers containing light bulbs, crimp terminals, 12/24V relays, switches, blade fuses everywhere and also many drums of cable. ;D
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 01:11:32 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Me and the wife keep horses, Jo has kept them for years, but I`m a bit of a late comer into the equine scene, but when you have been to plenty of horse shows, and got to know horses, they have brilliant characters!!

Then the film `Tangled` came out, and seeing Maximus the horse, `humanised` in the film was something I couldn`t stop laughing at when I watched it! ;D
The fight scene with Flynn when he had the sword in his mouth, (my avitar), was the best bit, so I though it was very fitting for a user name!

For some reason I thought your avatar came from a Shrek movie.  :-[ I think that is awesome you keep horses, though for me a cat is enough. 8)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies