Author Topic: Broken lamps - show them  (Read 1454 times)
Olav
Broken lamps - show them « on: February 16, 2021, 06:50:06 PM » Author: Olav
You probably know that:

the package arrives and you don't have a good feeling ... the lamp was broken.
Bad packaging or just bad luck? Show the pictures - I'll start ...
Two broken MAZDA MMF 250.

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 02:03:50 AM by Olav » Logged
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Broken lamps - show them « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 11:00:41 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is my Atlas 60w SLI/H low pressure sodium lamp with end caps missing their pins.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Olav
Re: Broken lamps - show them « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 02:13:45 AM » Author: Olav
Thanks WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA,

next one is a PHILIPS HPL-N 80W. Most of them in the package did survive, but this one not.

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Broken lamps - show them « Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 05:36:27 AM » Author: funkybulb
I had worse how about a 5 1/2 foot PVC pipe?   Yes a pipe that a lamp broke though the masking tape. Resulting on arrival no
 Osram L65 20 fluorescent tube.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Broken lamps - show them « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 10:37:14 PM » Author: joseph_125
Here's a Philips SOX 35 that didn't survive shipping next to its replacement that was sent to me.

Olav
Re: Broken lamps - show them « Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 06:18:32 AM » Author: Olav
Hello,

the next one.
6 out of 10 lamps did not survive the transport.
Here is the "most beautiful" of the 6 broken lamps.
TESLA RVL-X 50W from Czechoslovakia.

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Broken lamps - show them « Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 01:35:47 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
At least you could use these bare arc tubes to disinfect your house with shortwave UVC radiation.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Broken lamps - show them « Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 10:22:33 AM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
At least you could use these bare arc tubes to disinfect your house with shortwave UVC radiation.

A few words of caution... Just make sure if you have any pets around the house that they never have the chance to go near where the bare arc tubes are operating because it can severely injure their eyes.

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Broken lamps - show them « Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 01:13:14 AM » Author: tolivac
Bare arc tubes-----These can UV burn-blind your eye-not just the eyes of pets.And they can cause skin damage!Also ozone production.So----USE BARE ARC TUBE LAMPS CAREFULLY-without ANYONE or pets in the room they are run in.
magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Broken lamps - show them « Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 08:48:16 AM » Author: magslight
Using UVC lamps behind a glass protected in housing is safe. However really sad about the lamps!

I had got several Twinarcs where one arc broke from the inner frame by transporting. One lost both arcs and a getter. By shaking you can light one arc again but that's more cause of a production problem.
The SOX fell on a hammer.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Broken lamps - show them « Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 11:03:12 PM » Author: icefoglights
It's long gone by now and I never photographed it, but my first 35w LPS lamp arrived broken in an unusual way.  One of the electrodes had broken free from the lead wires and was just floating loosely inside the arc tube.  I tried firing it up, and it actually ran until the lead wires melted back to the glass sleeves.  It was disposed of using the recommended method.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies