Author Topic: Stop LED Streetlights  (Read 17208 times)
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #45 on: December 16, 2017, 06:10:55 PM » Author: Lodge
How can you tell..? They usually anonymise other bidder's names, don't they..?

Not if your bidding on government property they display your user name, while it can be anything you want I know her name isn't that one on that site (she uses my profile to bid with) But it's not a bummer they are stage lighting, I really want SOX lighting so there is still hope... 
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #46 on: December 17, 2017, 06:45:17 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Not if your bidding on government property they display your user name, while it can be anything you want I know her name isn't that one on that site (she uses my profile to bid with) But it's not a bummer they are stage lighting, I really want SOX lighting so there is still hope... 

Maybe she's asked a friend to bid on her behalf so that you won't know about it. ;)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #47 on: August 30, 2018, 09:58:27 PM » Author: wattMaster
1 year later, my website has gotten way better and I'm getting over 300 visitors a month. :o

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #48 on: August 31, 2018, 08:22:21 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
@wattMaster, Your first website, www.streetlights.info , works fine, but the other website, www.stopledstretlights.com doesn't work. My computer says "This site can't be reached".

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #49 on: August 31, 2018, 09:01:25 AM » Author: wattMaster
It's fixed now. :)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #50 on: August 31, 2018, 10:03:06 AM » Author: Rommie
@wattMaster, Your first website, www.streetlights.info , works fine, but the other website, www.stopledstretlights.com doesn't work. My computer says "This site can't be reached".
It might help if you type the address properly, you missed out an 'e'  :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #51 on: September 01, 2018, 10:31:14 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ wattmaster

I have been looking at your website, and have these points to make:

When it comes time to replace the LED street light you have to think of the following points, and this is a best case scenario for a lantern having replaceable elements.

1. Remove screws holding element in place. 30 seconds
2. Swing element down and unplug it from lantern 30 seconds
3. Fit new element into place and plug it in. 30 seconds
4. Replace screws holding element. 30 seconds

Total time taken 2 minutes.

Now compare it to replacing an HID lamp.

1. Unclip bowl and swing it down. 5 seconds
2. Remove old lamp. 5 seconds
3. Put new lamp into socket. 5 seconds
4. Clip bowl back into place 5 seconds

Total time taken less than a quarter of the time. These timings assume that you have someone helping you.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #52 on: September 04, 2018, 07:55:11 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Sadly all that is irrelevant though, our council, (Cheshire East), gives its engineers 15 minutes per lantern change out, which is more than enough to replace the existing unit with its new one. Neighbouring council Weaver Vale, even have them pre wired on a new outreach arm, so all they have to do is drop the cable down the column, and connect at the bottom.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #53 on: January 30, 2019, 09:44:55 PM » Author: wattMaster
My website has changed a lot since it started, now it has a few photos and a few more sections. :)

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #54 on: January 31, 2019, 12:10:27 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Rather than focus on trying to stop the inevitable you should focus on stocking up on as many of the "lost technologies" that you can.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #55 on: February 23, 2019, 07:05:49 AM » Author: High Intensity
There was just a thing in the local news today about a bunch of LED streetlights in the city of Berkeley that have gone dim or out completely. While they did not say who manufactured them, i could tell by the images that they were all Leotek E-Cobra fixtures.

Speaking of Leotek, a lot of the Leotek GC1's in my area have just started dying rapidly just under 4 years after being installed (i saw three dead ones today that were just working under a week ago).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 06:41:11 PM by High Intensity » Logged
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #56 on: February 23, 2019, 11:42:25 AM » Author: Lumex120
One good lightning voltage surge and the solid state power packs are toast. Don't let them fool you that the surge suppressors work on severe surges, they don't.
I wonder if that would explain why I see strings of several lights dead at once on the freeways. I had always thought it was a blown fuse but back when they were HPS I never saw that many off at once.

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #57 on: February 23, 2019, 08:15:43 PM » Author: wattMaster
This site has been made a bit better now, the Yard Light section has some good content and there's now a video!

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #58 on: March 12, 2019, 01:08:36 PM » Author: wattMaster
Check out this new page for more anti-LED goodness!

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #59 on: May 09, 2019, 08:50:56 PM » Author: High Intensity
https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-detroit-led-street-lights-20190508-story.html
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies