Author Topic: Synchronous clock questions  (Read 1399 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Synchronous clock questions « on: September 25, 2017, 10:50:58 PM » Author: Solanaceae
This's the tldr, but if you want to see the details, see here:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=308&pos=0&pid=137975
Basically I got this over the weekend and no matter how I hook it up it runs too fast. I did some research and saw something about this being part of a master slave clock system but I can't find any info on this specific clock. Tia

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

DimBulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Synchronous clock questions « Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 05:31:59 PM » Author: DimBulb
This is a slave clock of sorts, the 10rpm motor would be connected to the master clock for setting it to the correct time.
If only the 1rpm motor is connected to power, it should keep correct time.
Is the 1rpm motor running OK? Could need oiling.

My very first word was LIGHT!

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Synchronous clock questions « Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:01:15 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Just checked, and the gearbox on the 1rpm has failed somehow. I can't get it apart to fixed so I'm now on the search for anew motor.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Synchronous clock questions « Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 10:46:34 AM » Author: Medved
Just checked, and the gearbox on the 1rpm has failed somehow. I can't get it apart to fixed so I'm now on the search for anew motor.

Loosening the screws on the gearbox perimeter does not work for the gearbox disassembly? There is high chance the old lubricant just degraded and got sticky, so a good wash of the internals with some low viscosity oil should make it free again. Because of the two motors, I would expect there just some simple planetary and maybe some worm gears or a similar "puzzle" assembly, so no springs throwing small parts everywhere whe the last bolt of the case gets removed...

No more selfballasted c***

DimBulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Synchronous clock questions « Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 05:28:31 PM » Author: DimBulb
These have a very small sealed gearbox attached to the motor to reduce the speed to 1rpm.
Often the gears are just worn to the point where they no longer mesh so the motor spins free but the gears don't turn.

My very first word was LIGHT!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies