Author Topic: Users in Wikipedia entering an editorial war with me at the article "Pitfall!"  (Read 1051 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Users in Wikipedia entering an editorial war with me at the article "Pitfall!" « on: October 06, 2017, 02:09:51 AM » Author: dor123
At 11 Jul 2017. I read the article about the Atari 2600 game Pitfall! in the English Wikipedia. To my surprise, the article stated twice, both at the opening section and at the Reception section, that it was top video game on the Billboard Charts, regarding to the video game success. As I don't know that Billboard have charts for other media apart from music, I deleted these mentions about Billboard Charts, knowing this information is unrelated and misleading.
Three months later, at 4 October 2017, a user decided to revert my editing from 11 Jul 2017, claiming "Insufficient reasoning for deleting cited text. Will add another cite". All of the sources that he added, didn't looked to me as reliable, since they gave me the impression of a "Did you know?" section. I restored my editing and another user reverted my editing claiming that Billboard ran video game charts for a few years and asked me to look it up. I searched "Billboard video game chart" and even "Pitfall! Billboard" in Google, and didn't got any related result.
Anyone can help me to be free from these users that flaming me?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Users in Wikipedia entering an editorial war with me at the article "Pitfall!" « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 02:57:36 AM » Author: Ash
Yep. Dont go there
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Users in Wikipedia entering an editorial war with me at the article "Pitfall!" « Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 11:48:38 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Honestly I'd just leave it be, they're not going to let you change anything, they're probably diehard fans of the game or something....

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies