Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 1299 times)
hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

I'm back « on: December 03, 2017, 11:40:48 AM » Author: hannahs lights
Hi guys and girls I'm back! I'm feeling better now so hopefully will be able to be more active now. For a while I thought I was EOL for sure. Any way back to lights! I saw a couple of videos on you tube showing how you could increase the wattage of a CFL by holding a magnet near it apparently it works by straightening the arc path and also saturating the transformer/choke the videos are on Diodegonewilde channel also he shows a CFL which is mercury starved  its glowing very pink! Let me know what you all think ??
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: I'm back « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 06:39:35 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Hi guys and girls I'm back! I'm feeling better now so hopefully will be able to be more active now. For a while I thought I was EOL for sure. Any way back to lights! I saw a couple of videos on you tube showing how you could increase the wattage of a CFL by holding a magnet near it apparently it works by straightening the arc path and also saturating the transformer/choke the videos are on Diodegonewilde channel also he shows a CFL which is mercury starved  its glowing very pink! Let me know what you all think ??
Welcome back!, if you Don't mind me asking, why were you almost EOL? also that CFL thing is interesting... I might take a really strong magnet to one and see how far i can push the thing...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm back « Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 06:47:23 PM » Author: hannahs lights
I was suffering with severe pains in my legs and feet also I had chest pains and about 2 weeks of feeling dizzy and like I was falling to the left  it was horrible just glad its all over now!
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: I'm back « Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 06:59:46 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I was suffering with severe pains in my legs and feet also I had chest pains and about 2 weeks of feeling dizzy and like I was falling to the left  it was horrible just glad its all over now!
Woah, that sounds terrible... Glad you're feeling better now and Welcome Back!

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: I'm back « Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 07:04:29 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I might take a really strong magnet to one and see how far i can push the thing...

Off a cliff seems like a good idea to me...  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm back « Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 07:09:36 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Off a cliff seems like a good idea to me...  :D
LOL, I actually Dont mind CFL's, they have their uses.... But the idea of throwing a whole crate of them off a cliff is amusing to me..

~Owen

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I'm back « Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 09:28:42 PM » Author: Rommie
LOL, I actually Dont mind CFL's, they have their uses.... But the idea of throwing a whole crate of them off a cliff is amusing to me..
Watch you don't get done for polluting the ocean  :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: I'm back « Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 09:29:16 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl

That sounds ghastly, I hope you're well on the road to recovery.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm back « Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 01:38:04 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Thankyou for your kind words I'm feeling a lot better now I still have to take it easy and be careful but generaly the worst is behind me. I was always anti CFL I hated them but are they that bad? Compared to LEDs no they are not well not in my opinion anyway at least they are a fluorescent lamp!!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies