Author Topic: What things that make you excited?  (Read 5395 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
What things that make you excited? « on: December 06, 2017, 04:40:17 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
What things that excite you?? Anything you want to talk about that excites you.  ;D

For me:
Finding vintage fixtures in old buildings.

Finding old lamps and fixtures at restores and flea markets

Also finding old and regular fixtures online
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:20:14 PM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 04:45:21 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'd love to tell you, but I don't want to get thrown off the site...  :o ::) :P :-[

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 04:46:59 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Thats ok, you don't have too.  ;)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 04:47:27 PM » Author: Rommie
I'd love to tell you, but I don't want to get thrown off the site...  :o ::) :P :-[
I believe it involves feathers, but I can't say any more or I'll be thrown off as well  ;D   :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 07:57:18 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I believe it involves feathers, but I can't say any more or I'll be thrown off as well  ;D   :D
lol

anyway...

-a good fight gets me excited (Obviously) Almost got into one earlier
-finding cool stuff at the scrap yard or abandoned places
-some music

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 08:23:45 PM » Author: Lodge

;D feather dusting the light fixtures, it's all ok I do it as well when they need it...

Finding anything SOX in Canada and watching the SOX I've found start up.. 
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 10:17:36 PM » Author: sol
Finding or knowing of old keys in use, especially if they are of an old style and slightly worn down. An example is old Corbin keys that have a cloverleaf head.

By extension, any device that has seen some use and shows signs of wear, but... that still work well and that look like they have lots and lots of life left. This attests to their high quality. There are numerous examples of lighting related ones on this site.
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 10:24:10 PM » Author: funkybulb
No cat fighting  :D.

When i find vintage lighting on the curb.
Or high value metal curb pickings

Finding goodies at restore

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 08:02:33 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
;D feather dusting the light fixtures, it's all ok I do it as well when they need it...

Finding anything SOX in Canada and watching the SOX I've found start up..  

Not exactly...   :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 11:28:04 PM » Author: CEB1993
Finding any kind of new old stock incandescent bulbs on eBay or at the ReStore. 

Seeing an LED bulb made in another country besides China.

Driving at night for the first time with a new pair of headlights.

Non-lighting related:

Snow in the forecast (It might actually snow a little bit here in South Carolina tomorrow)

Test driving new cars.

Going to see my friends at my college since I graduated a few months ago.

The Christmas season  :)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 11:34:08 AM » Author: wattMaster
1. When I find HID stuff at the ReStore.
2. Going on road trips, especially if it's to a place I haven't been before.
3. Organizing/compacting my lighting collection, it's fun to see how much stuff can fit in a closet.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 09:30:17 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here are some pictures of that expected snow at the lake, near Landrum, SC.  I love it when it snows, it's beautiful!  A picture of the lake, an LED street light outside the house, and some trees behind the house illuminated by a halogen floodlight.  Winter Wonderland  :D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:33:37 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 08:10:29 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Yeah, we just had our first snow day in Houston Thursday night.

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 10:13:01 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Finding childhood items, photos and anything that I've been wanting to look for  8)

Seeing missout old/previous lighting systems when upgrades take place

Getting lamps from makers such as GEC, GE and OSRAM

Snowy weather during weather (much better than rain)

Getting FaceBook positive reactions from my uni friends and old school friends and would not mind from you LG members

Being invited to parties, night outs and pub meetups

Shazamming a sick tune and getting the artist/album and version info and I go on YT to save and listen

Having female friends  8)

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What things that make you excited? « Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 12:52:43 PM » Author: suzukir122
Nice topic.  8)

-Motorcycles, more than anything. Especially if it's the same make and model as mine

-W O M E N, women, and women. On the beach, on a motorcycle, in a car... I don't care. Women

-Buildings that still contain magnetic rapid start fluorescent as their main source of lighting, Slimlines, or Preheat

-LED's replaced by older, more reliable lighting (I'm sure it's happened somewhere in this world)

-Super Smash Brothers

-Sega Genesis

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies