Author Topic: Favorite & Least Favorite Car Brands  (Read 1261 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Favorite & Least Favorite Car Brands « on: July 25, 2022, 10:11:13 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
What is/are you favorite and least favorite car brands?

My favorite is definitely Toyota/Lexus. They make some of the most reliable cars out there. One great example is our 2008 Toyota Tundra with the 2UZ-FE (4.7L V8) engine. Two Tundras with that engine made it to one million miles in the original engine and transmission.

My least favorite is definitely Fiat-Chrysler. My mom's friend had a 2014 RAM 1500, and it kept burning oil like no other. Also, take a look at all the issues with the Fiat 500. Not impressed at all.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 10:28:07 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Favorite & Least Favorite Car Brands « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 11:18:33 PM » Author: Burrito
Favorite: the older Chevrolet, Ford, and GMC
Least favorite: All modern gas/electric car brands

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite & Least Favorite Car Brands « Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 11:18:40 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I worked for a Chrysler Corp. dealership for 8 yrs. I'd NEVER own one !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Favorite & Least Favorite Car Brands « Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 11:47:14 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Stay away from any newer American and European cars. The old stuff is pretty good. Japanese brands were, and still are, the best brands to buy.

Ford and GM started going downhill around 2007 or so. Dodge (now called Fiat-Chrysler) went downhill around 2005 or so.

I don't like any electric cars due to their ridiculously short range. They are good for city driving, but not for country driving. Hybrids are the best for that. Until their range is that of a full tank of gas, I might consider one.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 11:55:44 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite & Least Favorite Car Brands « Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 11:57:14 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Dodge went downhill back in the 80's back when they partnered up with Mitsubishi .

A lot of the Japanese cars have been having a multitude of transmission issues lately !

As for hybrids , The junkyards here are full of them as the hybrid battery pack costs more than the car is worth !!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Favorite & Least Favorite Car Brands « Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 12:04:23 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Interesting. I've heard Nissan was having bad transmission issues due to them being made by Jatco.

I'm not old enough to be allowed in a junkyard, so I can't really relate. However, I've heard that the most reliable hybrid car is the Toyota Prius. My mom used to have a 2011 that we bought used in 2013. The only issue it had was excessive oil consumption. We traded it in for a 2019 Prius Prime in March of last year because it started leaking oil.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite & Least Favorite Car Brands « Reply #6 on: July 26, 2022, 12:26:44 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Nissan , Subaru , Toyota  and also those stupid CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) pieces of trash .

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Favorite & Least Favorite Car Brands « Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 01:06:52 AM » Author: joseph_125
Favourite: Toyota, older pre Ford era (1999) Volvos, Honda

Least favourite: any brand owned by FCA (Fiat-Chrysler).

Also anything that is a PITA to perform basic service and repairs yourself on is bad in my book too. Especially anything requiring special tools or dealer only parts. EhemTesla.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Favorite & Least Favorite Car Brands « Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 01:29:02 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I like Honda too, but I'm biased towards Toyota I guess. The newer Volvos are nice, but they're junk now since they were bought out by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group.

Yeah, Fiat-Chrysler is absolute junk in my books.

That sounds like Mercedes, BMW, and Audi. Heh, Tesla. Nice cars, but so expensive and complex.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Favorite & Least Favorite Car Brands « Reply #9 on: July 26, 2022, 02:11:47 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Favourite: out of all the cars I’ve owned except for my Mini’s, Hyundai and Volvo have been the best!, I currently drive a Hyundai i20, and I have to say the South Koreans make excellent cars with good engines and gearboxes  :D

Least favourite: Working for a massive car dealership, the worst ones I see from a problematic point of view are Range Rover’s!, wouldn’t have one give me!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 02:14:29 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Favorite & Least Favorite Car Brands « Reply #10 on: August 18, 2022, 01:10:50 PM » Author: HIDLad001
The older entirely American made GMs and Fords.

HID Fixtures should stay HID!
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies