Author Topic: Any custom neon/CCFL tube makers?  (Read 1625 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Any custom neon/CCFL tube makers? « on: December 21, 2017, 09:03:36 PM » Author: Lumex120
I want to get some straight CCFL tubes (the kind you see in theaters and malls) and put them up in my room for general lighting, but I can't find any services that make these. All I can find are custom neon sign makers. Does anyone know where you can get CCFL/neon tubes from?

Unofficial LG Discord

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Any custom neon/CCFL tube makers? « Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 11:51:15 PM » Author: Lodge
Yep JLK and if you phone them and talk to them, they are pretty good at giving samples of one or two tubes as long as they don't say commonly used in a monitor and the size of the monitor, and there engineers are very helpful as well if your have questions about there products..
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Any custom neon/CCFL tube makers? « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 04:52:12 PM » Author: Lumex120
Yep JLK and if you phone them and talk to them, they are pretty good at giving samples of one or two tubes as long as they don't say commonly used in a monitor and the size of the monitor, and there engineers are very helpful as well if your have questions about there products..
Thanks, but I meant the thicker tubes used in architectural applications (same ones on neon signs). I can't find them anywhere, not even used on eBay or things like that.

Unofficial LG Discord

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Any custom neon/CCFL tube makers? « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 05:14:21 PM » Author: Lodge
You should fire eclipselamps a pm, by the looks of his posts he makes them, see it here while these are not CCFL they are pretty close and electrode-less lamps do last way longer.. Otherwise lots of those lamps you see at shopping malls are custom made at a neon sign shop , you could always give them a call, normally they are very helpful and friendly, and they might even let you watch them making the tubes for you..  
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Any custom neon/CCFL tube makers? « Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 05:33:25 PM » Author: Lumex120
You should fire eclipselamps a pm, by the looks of his posts he makes them, see it here while these are not CCFL they are pretty close and electrode-less lamps do last way longer.. Otherwise lots of those lamps you see at shopping malls are custom made at a neon sign shop , you could always give them a call, normally they are very helpful and friendly, and they might even let you watch them making the tubes for you..  
I found out that there are at least 3 different neon shops within a 20 minute drive away from me, so I might find out if they could make something like this.

Unofficial LG Discord

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Any custom neon/CCFL tube makers? « Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 10:49:18 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I find these things interesting... I might order some at some point to tinker with http://www.jkllamps.com/fluorescent/ccfllamps/BGF717-22

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Any custom neon/CCFL tube makers? « Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 11:49:25 PM » Author: Lumex120
I find these things interesting... I might order some at some point to tinker with http://www.jkllamps.com/fluorescent/ccfllamps/BGF717-22
I have known about those for years. I wonder how they start up.

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies