Author Topic: Making a wall mount fixture a desk lamp?  (Read 1177 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Making a wall mount fixture a desk lamp? « on: December 24, 2017, 12:26:30 AM » Author: Cole D.
I was wondering, I'd like to be able to use some of my wall mounted fixtures, but I don't want to have to mount them to the wall. Is there anyone who has made a sort of stand to use one as a table lamp? I saw some of the HID bulbs using outlet boxes for the housings and was hoping someone might have an idea. I know I need an outlet box, and a cord, but what for a post and base?

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Making a wall mount fixture a desk lamp? « Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 12:39:18 AM » Author: Ash
I made few HID posttop floor lamps, at first using bases from fans, but they were not too stable. Now i have one which does not have a base, it is just tied to the foot of a table
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Making a wall mount fixture a desk lamp? « Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 03:53:13 AM » Author: Lodge
And where all else fails, black walled steel gas pipe or even galvanized steel water pipe works great, it's threaded so all you have to do is spin it together and then pull a wire though it, it's fairly cheap, it'll last a lifetime, there is hundreds of choices for parts like couplers, tee's, crosses, bends, unions, so you can build just about any shape, and it has a steampunk / industrial look to it.. 
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Making a wall mount fixture a desk lamp? « Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 10:57:56 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
For bases a car brake disk may serve you well... they are very heavy and if it happens to not be heavy enough alot of times they're stackable.. I built a room light using them: close up of the base | full view of the light.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies