Author Topic: LED tube and a regular fluorescent tube on one fixture. What would happen?  (Read 1472 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
LED tube and a regular fluorescent tube on one fixture. What would happen? « on: December 23, 2017, 11:33:44 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
What would happen if a LED tube on one side of a fluorescent fixture, and a regular fluorescent tube on the other side of the fixture. Would the ballast burn up, or stay normal?

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: LED tube and a regular fluorescent tube on one fixture. What would happen? « Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 11:54:16 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Been curious of this myself...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: LED tube and a regular fluorescent tube on one fixture. What would happen? « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 06:56:20 PM » Author: 589
If they're parallel wired I'm going to guess it doesn't matter. Wiser folks than me will know for sure.

:lps:

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: LED tube and a regular fluorescent tube on one fixture. What would happen? « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 11:02:35 PM » Author: Patrick
I've used a fluorescent lamp and LED retrofit in series for a short time and saw no issues.  As long as both lamps are intended for use with the given ballast, I'd expect it to be fine.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED tube and a regular fluorescent tube on one fixture. What would happen? « Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 12:53:22 AM » Author: Ash
One potential problem i see - in ballasts where the 2 cathodes on the Yellow wires are in series, the FL cathode could possibly not be getting its heating supply and starting/running cold. In ballasts where the cathodes are parallel it would probably be ok
hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED tube and a regular fluorescent tube on one fixture. What would happen? « Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 02:20:56 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Surely if its a switch start fitting the starting pulse would kill the LEDs if they were on the same ballastt
Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

Re: LED tube and a regular fluorescent tube on one fixture. What would happen? « Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 10:38:12 PM » Author: Alights
I have done this with PL led retrofits when one of the leds does fail i put in a fluorescent 42w 4pin, ballasts run lamps in series and the led even glows while the fluorescent preheats,a lot of times the led PL will not light at EOL but the series lamp works fine. anyways this works lomg term with no issues! On a parallel ballast it may mess it up since it's not running same wattage on all outputs
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies