Author Topic: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER  (Read 22880 times)
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #135 on: April 15, 2021, 12:35:28 PM » Author: thelightingman
im a quiet person

Same here. I keep to myself most of the time.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #136 on: April 15, 2021, 05:08:23 PM » Author: Michael
I met my current girlfriend through her son and his interests in street lighting. He’s six years old and also likes to watch excavators on building sites and - me repairing or replacing street lights.  :P

Last autumn she and her son started to report faulty street lights on the street she lives and that he like to watch how I re-lamp them. On that day I talked to her that it would be even more interesting to see how we replace street light lanterns and I invited them for the next day to watch how my workmates are replacing old fixtures. Later my workmate told me that he gave her the old lantern and her son was pretty happy with it. I couldn’t believe what he said and I called her immediately and asked her if that’s ok and she said yes. I proposed her to replace the HPS lamp with a much dimmer light bulb and ad a cord with a plug so her son could use it as a bedside lamp. A couple of days later I managed to date her again and I converted that lantern with a tubular amber like deco LED bulb and both were happy.

Finally we are in relationship!  :love:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #137 on: April 15, 2021, 10:30:07 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: thelightingman
Quote from: alexd120
  im a quiet person
Same here. I keep to myself most of the time.
Same for me as well..

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #138 on: April 15, 2021, 10:39:47 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: monkeyface
I met my current girlfriend through her son and his interests in street lighting.
Cool. And nice story too!

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies