Author Topic: Make them meters spin guys and gals!  (Read 3351 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Make them meters spin guys and gals! « on: January 02, 2018, 12:27:16 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut5DXxK1dvk

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Make them meters spin guys and gals! « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 03:48:06 PM » Author: hannahs lights
That blokes a nutter
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Make them meters spin guys and gals! « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 06:33:45 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
That blokes a nutter

Yes, but he knows what he's doing.  :o

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Make them meters spin guys and gals! « Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 06:36:53 PM » Author: Rommie

That blokes a nutter

Which is why we love him  :D

As Sammi says, he knows what he's doing, he may play the fool, but he most certainly isn't one. He always takes safety precautions, even though it may seem like he doesn't.

He has quite a few lamps in his collection too, although not any spares, unfortunately, I think he's blown most of them up  :D :D :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Make them meters spin guys and gals! « Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 06:46:52 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
In a few of his vids I've noticed he had SOX lamps running base down, that cant be good for them... I think in some later vids he replaced them with mercury lamps...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Make them meters spin guys and gals! « Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 01:19:11 AM » Author: tolivac
The LV high current transformer he made--its like the filament transformers in our transmitters.One of our tube filaments runs at 12V 2,200A!!!He would LOVE that!
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Make them meters spin guys and gals! « Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 08:01:55 AM » Author: Rommie

In a few of his vids I've noticed he had SOX lamps running base down, that cant be good for them... I think in some later vids he replaced them with mercury lamps...

Being in one of Photon's videos can't be very good for them either, I think being run base down is the least of their worries  :D :D :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Make them meters spin guys and gals! « Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 01:44:21 PM » Author: Lodge
Being in one of Photon's videos can't be very good for them either, I think being run base down is the least of their worries  :D :D :D

Yes he's not building something like THIS and as nice as this is, if they only turned the tubes upside down they would last so much longer, really they have some very nice design work going on but why run low pressure sodium's base down ?  And if you visit that site take a quick scroll though the other photos it's pretty impressive from a design point and shows very nicely that you can use LPS inside a modern house..
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:46:49 PM by Lodge » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies