Author Topic: Gallery of Lights No Longer?  (Read 50398 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #75 on: April 14, 2020, 02:26:04 PM » Author: joseph_125
Deleted all three of the accounts that were requested to be deleted..
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #76 on: April 14, 2020, 02:27:08 PM » Author: Rommie
Excellent, many thanks  :) :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #77 on: April 14, 2020, 02:37:51 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994

Appreciated 8;)

Administrator #5

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #78 on: April 14, 2020, 03:13:40 PM » Author: Jovan
As I understand it, it was a disagreement between administration at the time on how the site was to be run and it caused some of the members to split off and create their own website, whilst the existing administration was purged.

And Id like to delete my account there but an admin needs to approve it which is why i asked Joseph about it......
So that's how LG got founded ?Thanks for reply.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #79 on: April 14, 2020, 03:15:42 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
So that's how LG got founded ?Thanks for reply.

It was how Gallery of Lights got founded. Sorry for any confusion. I'm not familiar on how LG got started but it was one of the first apparently.

Administrator #5

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #80 on: April 14, 2020, 03:28:15 PM » Author: Jovan
It was how Gallery of Lights got founded. Sorry for any confusion. I'm not familiar on how LG got started but it was one of the first apparently.

Thanks for reply.No problem.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #81 on: September 24, 2020, 12:40:20 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well I can't seem to upload the pictures from my LG.net account on to GoL for some reason. It gave me a critical error while I was uploading pictures to GoL...

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #82 on: September 24, 2020, 11:03:49 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: lightinglover8902
It gave me a critical error while I was uploading pictures to GoL...
Just tried it to see if I could upload...and got the same (if a GOL admin is watching, the exact err was):
Critical error
Impossible to move TL03.jpg to albums/userpics/10230/!

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #83 on: September 24, 2020, 11:27:48 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I'm not a member there but I get this message at the bottom of the home page  : Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/disaster/public_html/sanriovillage.com/galleryoflights/mb/SSI.php on line 63

I also noticed that I can click on "memberlist" and look at member's profile info ! @ lightinglover8902 , I can see your gender , age and location along with all of your stats ETC. !!!!  :o  Try that here on LG and you'll get "WARNING , You can't look at just any member's profile , login or become a member now !" (Or something similar to that !) .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #84 on: September 24, 2020, 11:43:33 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
They just don't care anymore over at GOL, I was on there briefly and it was boring, disorganized and very outdated. I offered to help the admins spruce it up with my new icons package and maube a nice splash on the home page but got no response. I eventually had a  GOL mod who is also a regular member here on LG delete me from there.

I honestly have no idea how the site manages to stay online

Administrator #5

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #85 on: September 25, 2020, 12:15:50 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Lightingguy1994
I honestly have no idea how the site manages to stay online
As long as the owner is paying the Domain registration, and web Hosting fees, it'll stay around...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #86 on: September 25, 2020, 12:18:01 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Must be a real labor of love ! :love:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #87 on: September 25, 2020, 12:30:22 AM » Author: lightinglover8902

I also noticed that I can click on "memberlist" and look at member's profile info ! @ lightinglover8902 , I can see your gender , age and location along with all of your stats ETC. !!!!  :o  Try that here on LG and you'll get "WARNING , You can't look at just any member's profile , login or become a member now !" (Or something similar to that !) .

Huh, so no warning when a guest decides to look at a profile on GoL? That is not good at all!   :poof:

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #88 on: September 25, 2020, 12:32:40 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Yeah I looked too and as a guest I was able to see everything a user had setup on their profile. Lots of people with their locations and other personal things not meant for guests.

Administrator #5

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #89 on: September 25, 2020, 12:34:06 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Surprised me ! :o

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies