Author Topic: Olfactory Hallucinations or Synaesthesia Experiences?  (Read 1208 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Olfactory Hallucinations or Synaesthesia Experiences? « on: December 14, 2017, 09:10:06 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
(yes i know the title may be a mouthful...)

So sometimes when i get tired I hallucinate the smell of rust, this is a common occurence for me... also when i listen to music, i often get Synaesthesia involving my sense of smell... one song i got a very strong smell of ladies purfume... while another flowers... yet another motor oil... I can also "See sound" like for instance a loud bang also can have a flash to it even if there was no actual flash of light, while the vibration of say a ballast could also radiate a sortof steady "glow" sometimes. I mostly only "see sound" in black and white. not really any colors i've experienced so far...

(For info on Synaesthesia)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:23:58 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Olfactory Hallucinations or Synaesthesia Experiences? « Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 10:38:36 PM » Author: CEB1993
Synesthesia is a real thing.  I took several psychology classes back in college, and I remember that the main cause of synesthesia is a "cross-wiring" of different parts of the brain responsible for different kinds of perceptions.  Within the parietal lobe, where interpretation of sensory information takes place, irregularities occur with synesthesia.  It's mostly unknown how and why synesthesia occurs.

I don't have any textbook signs of synesthesia myself.  However, I do find myself associating colors with flavors.  I associate red with hot and spicy foods.  I associate orange with tangy foods like orange or citrus.  I associate blue with minty flavors.  I associate green with sour flavors.  I associate beige or light yellow with creamy, vanilla flavors.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Olfactory Hallucinations or Synaesthesia Experiences? « Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 01:09:50 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Started smelling the bread sticks from olive garden... time for bed lmao  ;D

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies