Author Topic: LED fixtures at newer buildings???  (Read 1852 times)
lightinglover8902

View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCP_yo1gHzReqS19MjJMXUKg
Re: LED fixtures at newer buildings??? « Reply #45 on: January 26, 2018, 06:19:33 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Yep :-)

boiler1011

View Gallery

Re: LED fixtures at newer buildings??? « Reply #46 on: February 10, 2018, 01:06:48 AM » Author: boiler1011
There seems to be a pretty big beef with LED. Don't get me wrong, I love mercury-based and HPS lighting as much as the next guy, but I will say that the technology has progressed a lot. I moved into a new house in 2014 which I retrofitted to about 99% LED. The only incandescent bulbs I run are those that cannot be/not intended to be anything else. i.e. the oven, microwave, wax melter air fresheners, etc and decoration Edison, neon, etc. Everything else, including my landscape lighting, run LED's. I haven't had an issue with any of my bulbs since changing them over 3 years ago, and I didn't exactly splurge on them either. Most of the fixtures run cheap Walmart "Great Value" brand bulbs, and many I leave on perpetually because the cost of operation is almost nothing. I have a few "fancier" LED bulbs; I am a big fan of Philips Scene Switch. My outdoor light fixtures feature deep gold colored LED's, as well as the lights I wired in the attic windows. I wanted everything to match outside. I will be wiring a LPS light in the garage mostly for fun, but also have a 400W MV Powr/Bracket I want to put up on a pole out back. This is more for "just because I like lights" reasons.

A lot of businesses here are switching over to LED technology both indoor and outside. It really doesn't bother me at all, as I haven't even noticed the difference in some places. Chili's and Starbucks around here has been LED for awhile, and it took me quite a bit of time to even notice. The color temp is almost exactly the same as some warmer CFL and cooler colored incandescent bulbs. I have never been a fan of CFL, especially those that take several minutes to reach full brightness.

My only gripe is that some of the LED street lighting fixtures that are going up in the DFW, TX area. They work alright under good weather conditions, but are essentially useless when the roads are wet. The GE Evolve fixtures they are using for yard lights and rural road lighting are cool, though.
Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: LED fixtures at newer buildings??? « Reply #47 on: February 11, 2018, 10:50:44 AM » Author: Cole D.
I don't mind the LEDs as much as the colors. The new house next to me has two three types of exterior fixtures, all with LED bulbs. Two of them have a nice bright incandescent like color. However, the flood lights have an awful gray-blue color, and the lights inside the house appear to have that same color.

I also don't care for the color that the new LED yard lights have.

It would also be nice if the fixtures had a little nicer styling. Some of them look classic, but many are just plastic panel like things.
Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Re: LED fixtures at newer buildings??? « Reply #48 on: February 28, 2018, 02:51:55 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Another issue: Because much less companies buy anything other than LED these days, its making the demand for the other stuff (Fluorescent, HID etc) a lot lower and manufacturers will eventually drop those products altogether because its not selling.

This is obviously an issue for me because i like to buy the old stuff. Then all thats left is the used market but that does dry out too.
Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines