Author Topic: Ended up with some lighting  (Read 1243 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Ended up with some lighting « on: January 20, 2018, 04:30:13 PM » Author: Cole D.
My neighbor got a new motorhome and sold their house to live in RV permanently. They felt it was time to sell it, so they have been giving away a lot of stuff. Today they gave me all of their electrical and plumbing stuff they had in their garage. There are a lot of cordsets with C7 sockets and bulbs. A few Regent circline starters. Three older GE spotlights, one clear, one blue, one red. A few picture lights, one has a candelabra bulb and the other one of the long bulbs. A bunch of plugs and switches and some receptacles and GFCIs. Lots of extension cords. The most interesting thing to me is an older plastic preheat florescent under cabinet light. I think it must be pretty old, the cord looks older and it has an ungrounded convenience outlet on it. It does work but the lens is yellow. I will probably try to keep it and some of the older fittings. The rest I'm not sure what to do with, I may donate it to Habitat.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Ended up with some lighting « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:27:43 PM » Author: 589
Nice! If nothing else cords, plugs and switches will save you much money in the long run when you decide to test stuff out!

:lps:

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Ended up with some lighting « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 10:05:49 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Yeah cords are always nice, Sometimes when I see someone has taken out trash with a cord on it, I will yank the cord off the device they threw out...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Ended up with some lighting « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 10:17:17 PM » Author: 589
yea a pokey bit from the homeless dethspot is like $5 for a cheap one, not to mention the cord attached so that is an excellent idea.

:lps:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies