Author Topic: Anyone else have really bad hypochondria?  (Read 1379 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Anyone else have really bad hypochondria? « on: January 13, 2018, 10:38:02 AM » Author: Lumex120
Also known as health anxiety. I do and let me just say, it is much, MUCH worse than depression. There is nothing you can do to escape it. Basically, what it is, you have a constant fear that something is wrong with you. (Headache? some terrible uncurable disease obviously) It's been about a year since it started, and it is not as bad as it used to be (it's not constant anymore, but sometimes it comes and lasts for about a week at a time). Does anyone else have this?

Unofficial LG Discord

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Anyone else have really bad hypochondria? « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 05:31:31 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Sometimes,  but usually I snap out of it within minutes.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Aveoguy22
Re: Anyone else have really bad hypochondria? « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 06:53:58 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
used to, now not at all.  was replaced by job worries and money worries.  glad its gone
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone else have really bad hypochondria? « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 10:44:32 PM » Author: CEB1993
In some ways it happens to me. Since I majored in psychology, I caught myself self diagnosing mental disorders that I definitely do not have.  Now that I’m done with my classes, it’s not as bad for me.

Now I worry more about my physical health. For example, I discovered that my body mass index is about 26, which means I’m slightly overweight. Now I am concerned that my physical tiredness, occasional snoring, and high blood pressure (obviously due to my anxiety issues) are all related to being just 10 pounds overweight.

At 6 feet tall and 195 pounds, I rationally know that I’m in good shape as long as I make healthy lifestyle choices.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 10:46:32 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone else have really bad hypochondria? « Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 04:48:11 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
In some ways it happens to me. Since I majored in psychology, I caught myself self diagnosing mental disorders that I definitely do not have.  Now that I’m done with my classes, it’s not as bad for me.

Now I worry more about my physical health. For example, I discovered that my body mass index is about 26, which means I’m slightly overweight. Now I am concerned that my physical tiredness, occasional snoring, and high blood pressure (obviously due to my anxiety issues) are all related to being just 10 pounds overweight.

At 6 feet tall and 195 pounds, I rationally know that I’m in good shape as long as I make healthy lifestyle choices.

BMI is a very arbitrary measurement and doesn't take into account body type. So if you have quite a bit of muscle it will put you in the overweight category.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone else have really bad hypochondria? « Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 09:06:39 PM » Author: CEB1993
BMI is a very arbitrary measurement and doesn't take into account body type. So if you have quite a bit of muscle it will put you in the overweight category.

I didn't think about it that way :)  I'm by no means a body builder, but I do have a good deal of muscle, and almost no fat anywhere besides my belly.  I've heard that belly fat is the first to disappear when dieting and exercising, so that's encouraging.  I have a swimmers' or runners' body type.  I'm tall and lean with long legs and wide shoulders. 

I just don't want to psyche myself out with avoiding unhealthy foods.  With my OCD/anxiety, I can see myself turning into a health nut and a chronic calorie counter  :o  I believe everything in moderation is a good policy ;)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies