Author Topic: Who is on Facebook  (Read 7391 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Who is on Facebook « on: January 18, 2018, 09:19:05 PM » Author: Flurofan96
i am on Facebook guys  ;) :)

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 09:19:42 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
You already Know I am. lol.  :hps:

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 02:55:04 AM » Author: Ash
Not me

I invite you to connect to XMPP/Jabber :

- Proper IM like in the days of old (ICQ, MSN Messenger) without any other function. (group chat is supported)

- Not provided by a single provider (so there is no possibility of anyone deciding to close it overnight like happened with the old IM's)

- Does not require any specific software on the PC (it needs a software client, but you have wide choice of clients for any OS and are not tied to using a specific one. Some XMPP providers also let you use XMPP through the website without installing anything)

- Does not collect personal data about you

Currently me + 2 other members from here have each other over XMPP
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 06:24:36 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I do but rarely use it. Does anyone want to add me?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 06:40:47 AM » Author: dor123
I also don't uses Facebook. This can threaten my privacy and anonymity. I very worried, when I've firstly heard about Facebook, about the privacy and anonymity of users there, being a social network.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 07:23:17 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I won't touch any of the 'social media' platforms with a ten foot barge pole. They are all far to intrusive for my liking. >:(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 08:03:21 AM » Author: CEB1993
I do but rarely use it. Does anyone want to add me?

Hey Mercurylamps, I’m on Facebook. If you’d like to add me, I’m Camden Burns and my profile picture is of me with an orange HPS light. 

There are two closed groups that I can add you too as well. They are only accessible to group members, so there aren’t any privacy issues. They are Lighting Gallery Members and Lamp Life, the Duration of Light. 

These days I mostly just use Facebook to keep up with these two groups and to communicate via Messenger with some friends.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 08:15:11 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Hey Mercurylamps, I’m on Facebook. If you’d like to add me, I’m Camden Burns and my profile picture is of me with an orange HPS light. 

There are two closed groups that I can add you too as well. They are only accessible to group members, so there aren’t any privacy issues. They are Lighting Gallery Members and Lamp Life, the Duration of Light. 

These days I mostly just use Facebook to keep up with these two groups and to communicate via Messenger with some friends.

Great I'll add you now. You'll know me as my profile picture is Iron Man. :P
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 08:15:41 AM » Author: dor123
I also don't uses Facebook. This can threaten my privacy and anonymity. I very worried, when I've firstly heard about Facebook, about the privacy and anonymity of users there, being a social network.
Also: Facebook is a high sources for fake news.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 08:25:50 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Dor123 that is why I don't have my hometown published or any other personal details on Facebook. I will probably put a photo or two of me on there sometime though for identity.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 08:56:47 AM » Author: Rommie

I won't touch any of the 'social media' platforms with a ten foot barge pole. They are all far to intrusive for my liking.
>:(
Ditto. This is as social as I get  :P ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 09:11:43 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
If you are on FB,(God help you) then have fun and make up stuff. For example that you studied at the University of Life.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 09:27:14 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I pretty much only have it for messenger, I don't care about privacy of it much because anything I would actually care to be private I talk to others in person about.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 01:58:36 PM » Author: Ash
The main threat to your privacy on Facebook is Facebook itself, not people you meet there...
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Who is on Facebook « Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 02:00:16 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I don't use Facebook or Twitter, period.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies