Author Topic: What would you have in your dream house?  (Read 22009 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
What would you have in your dream house? « on: February 04, 2018, 12:18:49 PM » Author: CEB1993
I often imagine how my “dream home” would be if I could have everything I wanted and the cost was irrelevant.  It’s an interesting question, because your house and what you have in it tells quite a bit about a person’s interests, hobbies, and personality.

Here’s a list of what I would want in my dream house:

Black and white checker board tiles in the kitchen

Granite countertops and a Kitchenaid mixer

An old fashioned claw foot bathtub for relaxing hot baths

A steam room or sauna

A 3-car garage with a workshop and room to have a classic car to restore.

Display cases for my die cast model car collection

A room for storing my light bulb stash and for building ballasts for my HID experiments

A bar for storing and sipping whiskey and a cellar to distill my own bourbon or wine.

A full sized pool table with a stained glass light over it

Wall sconces that run T3 halogen lamps for upward lighting on vaulted ceilings

Automatic ambience overhead lights that change to a warmer color in the evening

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 01:09:05 PM » Author: suzukir122
 ;D OOOhhh this is a good one! If I weren't so low down in life and I managed to save up to get my own
dream house, it'd be like this:

- A mansion... can't really describe the specifics regarding the outside, but just know, it would be a
huge, 4 car garage, 4 bedroom mansion.
- The garage would be lit with at least 4 metal halide fixtures similar to what we had at my elementary
school. The garage would also have high ceilings.
- I would have my current super-sport bike, along with two other bikes... one super-sport, and one hyper-sport.
I might possibly throw in a Ducati Diavel at that point. Maybe.
- Another addition to the 4 car garage would be a Subaru WRX, along with a Lamborghini.
- My mansion would have high ceilings, lit with 8 foot VHO's, in rows. Yep... in the living room. Might
sound weird, but I do believe it's possible to use fluorescent lighting for style... and in my mansion,
I would definitely somehow prove this.
- The kitchen would be lit with several coated par38 metal halide spot lighting. (all self ballasted)
This kitchen would also have a high ceiling, much like my living room.
- I would have a basketball court room located somewhere in my mansion. I'm athletic, and though I look
like I could play basketball, that is not the case. I would practice in the mansion b-ball court room.
- My basement would be a vintage arcade room with several vintage arcade games, and several neon lights
similar to the arcade neon lighting I use to see as a kid in malls.
- My bedroom... I honestly can't think of anything regarding what my bedroom would look like. But I would
have a very beautiful woman who looks similar to Lana Lang from Smallville, laying on my bed, waiting for me.

Hey, a man can dream... right?    Right??

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 01:46:39 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Well I've always liked the idea of living in a tunnel/bunker network... It'd be lit with HPS... and it'd have an entrance in the basement of a small cabin in a forest that goes on for miles in all directions, and I'd sit up there and drink LMAO.

Oh and I'd have many weapons... I'd ride to work in my M5 Stuart, and blow stuff up for a living.

childish I know, but hey, we all have wild dreams ey?

My ideal reality.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 01:54:06 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
In our dream house (me and GFs ) this is what we want

Room that has nothing but fluorescent light storage same goes for HID

Every ceiling light is a fluorescent light or HID

Microwaves everywhere (don't ask)

A sauna full of HID's with blackened covers so it can be mostly heat

A garage that can have multiple 8' fixtures

Hallways

Stage lighting for X-mas light shows

Lots of outlets with a USB port in them and a breaker that can switch from 120/240/277/480

Setup like photonicinduction (my gf disapproves)

Street light heads in the kitchen

Fluorescent lights in bathroom/bedroom

A big Iceland, Colorado, and XGames Aspen flag hanging on a wall

The room of love (just me and her and a 1000w HPS)

Space heaters and lots of portable fans ( i hate HVAC)

Lifetime supply of old fixtures and ballasting gear

Lots of glass cabinets to display all lighting in  

Nothing but black tile for all flooring and white paint for all rooms

A 8' tank for my gfs and I 1 leopard gecko (yes all that space for one pet)

Charging stations

Well we can't think of anymore
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 02:01:42 PM by F96T12 DD VHO » Logged

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 02:11:01 PM » Author: suzukir122
@F96T12 DD VHO, Microwaves everywhere?      Wait, you said don't ask. Heh, so I won't ask. lol!
And maaaaaannnn, I don't trust myself to be anything like Photon.
Why can't Suzukir122 do that? Well, because this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP_iYo0Brk

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 03:02:54 PM » Author: Rommie
We'd like to live in a house alongside a canal, with mooring for a 70ft narrowboat :D

We'd also like to have enough space for as many lamps as we can lay our hands on (and then a few more..!), a room for all our cuddly toys, and an amateur radio shack with a nice tall antenna mast outside  ;D

Also garage space for several cars/motorcycles and a good sized workshop.

Think that covers it for the moment :D

Oh and enough money to pay for it all :P

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 03:13:58 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
@F96T12 DD VHO, Microwaves everywhere?      Wait, you said don't ask. Heh, so I won't ask. lol!
And maaaaaannnn, I don't trust myself to be anything like Photon.
Why can't Suzukir122 do that? Well, because this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP_iYo0Brk

Microwaves everywhere because I always need one in every moment and it adds character

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 03:17:13 PM » Author: Rommie

Microwaves everywhere because I always need one in every moment and it adds character
That reminds me, Sammi would love a decent kitchen, with a huge 8-burner gas range and at least two decent sized ovens. None of this microwave crap for us, they're ok for quickly defrosting bread I suppose but not a lot of use for decent cooking.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 03:26:17 PM » Author: Ash
Mansion

Maybe not with many rooms, but 1. enough stairs, corridors, etc. to get lost in unless you are familiar with the house, 2. big spaces for all sorts of engineering projects that can be slowly worked on, without having to pause them and clear up space every time i want to work on something else. The space could be in rooms, in a separate outhouse, in an underground cave, or whatever, or be split up. Not necessarily the garage

In a huge garden, with all sort of stuff wildly growing and overgrowing in it, on the border of some village or town with more wild stuff overgrowing around. Could do with some fountains and streams in there, filled with that sort of leaf that floats on the water and toads jump on

In a village or town which is not kept to "high" standards e.g. stuff overgrown, old gates leaning, some dangerous places kids might wander into, etc

With neighbors that get to know you and you get to know them, and can keep friendly and welcoming and sharing, but mind their own business and aren't getting into your life. Lets say, so that you could let them wander into the outdoor shed to borrow the shovel, and could be trusted to return it. You could leave the door unlocked when you are away

With free attitude towards kids. Your kids and the neighbor kids and some others from the other side of the village could be going out and having their games and adventures and mischief, and nobody would ask why they arent supervised, or who let them go in the wilderness outside village, or why they are barefoot, or call at night to ensure that they are okay during sleepover with their friends

With no crime (loud music at night, cannabis growing and smoking, being seen naked etc. are not crimes)

The house could be old, as far as it goes. (over here, mansions are not a thing, but big villas matching atleast in part the same class were built only between the 70s till 90s. As such, it would be most likely from this era)

The house could be in need of repairs, maintenance, be incomplete from the start, and so on, with me doing the required work and giving the required TLC. That could be a reason for it not costing too much

The house could be haunted or have some screeching doors at night. No problem with that

The house could have electrics in poor condition, or very outdated, or none at all. I would upgrade, repair or install whats needed. If any lighting upgrades are needed, i'll sure handle that !

Room interconnection would be as random as it goes. If some room needs ladder to access (permanently attached ladder), so be it. If there is a shortcut from place to place that needs a jump (from manageable height), so be it. If there is a rope to slide on from upstairs window to garden, so be it (or i could install it)

Room design would be as random as it goes. If say kid's dream land is sea and pirates, his bed would be in a boat suspended from the ceiling in his room, with rope ladder to climb in

Could be Japanese style with removable walls

Garage for 2 cars and few bikes. Of the cars, one small car to be used for rides where bike is insufficient, the other either SUV or van or something like that, for when needed for work or for travel. Both cars could be modern but old and beaten up, not to get upset over dirt or scratches. Never "self driving" cars. Some space to work on them. Some facility to safely store oils, spare canisters of fuel (for now) / battery banks (in the future), etc

I would like 3 Phase service, at least 3x25A, ideally 3x40A (for 230/400V). I would install Solar and Wind too

Lighting in the "living" areas mostly PL, 2D, and Linear T8, all Magnetic. Some Halogens

Lighting in the "engineering" areas mostly MH and Linear T8

Lighting in the garage T8

Lighting in the porch either PL/2D, or if the porch is huge, SON

Lighting in the garden not much, and mostly switched off anyway, with me being used to go through the dark garden under moonlight, and leaving the light off when not going out. PL and Incandescent bollards mostly, and maybe little 80W Merc in posttops in places. Only part of the garden, mostly around the pathway to the house, having any lighting installed at all, and that inconsistent too. Area used for outside work, hanging clothes etc. lit with SON and possibly linear Halogen
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 03:27:34 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Mansion

Maybe not with many rooms, but 1. enough stairs, corridors, etc. to get lost in unless you are familiar with the house, 2. big spaces for all sorts of engineering projects that can be slowly worked on, without having to pause them and clear up space every time i want to work on something else. The space could be in rooms, in a separate outhouse, in an underground cave, or whatever, or be split up. Not necessarily the garage

In a huge garden, with all sort of stuff wildly growing and overgrowing in it, on the border of some village or town with more wild stuff overgrowing around. Could do with some fountains and streams in there, filled with that sort of leaf that floats on the water and toads jump on

In a village or town which is not kept to "high" standards e.g. stuff overgrown, old gates leaning, some dangerous places kids might wander into, etc

With neighbors that get to know you and you get to know them, and can keep friendly and welcoming and sharing, but mind their own business and aren't getting into your life. Lets say, so that you could let them wander into the outdoor shed to borrow the shovel, and could be trusted to return it. You could leave the door unlocked when you are away

With free attitude towards kids. Your kids and the neighbor kids and some others from the other side of the village could be going out and having their games and adventures and mischief, and nobody would ask why they arent supervised, or who let them go in the wilderness outside village, or why they are barefoot, or call at night to ensure that they are okay during sleepover with their friends

With no crime (loud music at night, cannabis growing and smoking, being seen naked etc. are not crimes)

The house could be old, as far as it goes. (over here, mansions are not a thing, but big villas matching atleast in part the same class were built only between the 70s till 90s. As such, it would be most likely from this era)

The house could be in need of repairs, maintenance, be incomplete from the start, and so on, with me doing the required work and giving the required TLC. That could be a reason for it not costing too much

The house could be haunted or have some screeching doors at night. No problem with that

The house could have electrics in poor condition, or very outdated, or none at all. I would upgrade, repair or install whats needed. If any lighting upgrades are needed, i'll sure handle that !

Room interconnection would be as random as it goes. If some room needs ladder to access (permanently attached ladder), so be it. If there is a shortcut from place to place that needs a jump (from manageable height), so be it. If there is a rope to slide on from upstairs window to garden, so be it (or i could install it)

Room design would be as random as it goes. If say kid's dream land is sea and pirates, his bed would be in a boat suspended from the ceiling in his room, with rope ladder to climb in

Could be Japanese style with removable walls

Garage for 2 cars and few bikes. Of the cars, one small car to be used for rides where bike is insufficient, the other either SUV or van or something like that, for when needed for work or for travel. Both cars could be modern but old and beaten up, not to get upset over dirt or scratches. Never "self driving" cars. Some space to work on them. Some facility to safely store oils, spare canisters of fuel (for now) / battery banks (in the future), etc

I would like 3 Phase service, at least 3x25A, ideally 3x40A (for 230/400V). I would install Solar and Wind too

Lighting in the "living" areas mostly PL, 2D, and Linear T8, all Magnetic. Some Halogens

Lighting in the "engineering" areas mostly MH and Linear T8

Lighting in the garage T8

Lighting in the porch either PL/2D, or if the porch is huge, SON

Lighting in the garden not much, and mostly switched off anyway, with me being used to go through the dark garden under moonlight, and leaving the light off when not going out. PL and Incandescent bollards mostly, and maybe little 80W Merc in posttops in places. Only part of the garden, mostly around the pathway to the house, having any lighting installed at all, and that inconsistent too. Area used for outside work, hanging clothes etc. lit with SON and possibly linear Halogen
That's a lot im still not done reading

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 03:28:55 PM » Author: suzukir122
@MissRiaElaine, I forgot about a workshop. I would definitely add that as well because I want to be able
to work on my own vehicles. Especially the motorcycles.
I also forgot a weightlifting room. That's critical if I ever own a mansion.
That room would have magnetic metal halides as well, much like my garage, only with warmer color temps.
I'd be weightlifting for hours and hours if I had my own weight-room.

@Ash, that's a lot! A lot of that sounds good actually
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:35:46 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 04:46:51 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Kenzie: I forgot a tanning room, not a tanning bed a tanning room. A room mounted with UVB tubes on the ceiling up to 8' long
of course with a timer  LOL

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 06:53:40 PM » Author: Rommie
I've never understood tanning. Why would you want to do this..? If your skin was meant to be a certain colour, then it already would be. Exposing yourself to UV like this only serves to increase your risk of developing skin cancer, which, trust me, you do NOT want  :( :o

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 07:05:04 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I've never understood tanning. Why would you want to do this..? If your skin was meant to be a certain colour, then it already would be. Exposing yourself to UV like this only serves to increase your risk of developing skin cancer, which, trust me, you do NOT want  :( :o

My skin naturally gets darker during the warmer months, I believe its due to the middle eastern portion of me... During the winter it fades away a bit... perhaps adaptation for the environment?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 07:10:43 PM » Author: Rommie

My skin naturally gets darker during the warmer months, I believe its due to the middle eastern portion of me... During the winter it fades away a bit... perhaps adaptation for the environment?
Lucky you..! I just go bright red and peel  :(

Seriously, I will never understand why anyone would risk the damage caused by these things. I know someone who works in one of these tanning places, and people come out looking like dried prunes, and I know they're years younger than me..!

Ok that's my OT rant over, back to dream houses - another thing we'd like is a huge bath big enough for both of us  ;D

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies