Author Topic: What would you have in your dream house?  (Read 22006 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 07:21:22 PM » Author: CEB1993
My whole basement would be a pool hall and bar that is lit by a stain glass pool table light and track lighting with incandescent R20 bulbs, on a dimmer.  I would have my Moosehead neon sign and a few other neon signs in my bar as well.

On the main level, I would have the living room, kitchen, dining room, a bathroom, the laundry room (with a super fast Electrolux washing machine and dryer, for clean clothes in about 45 minutes  ;D) and the 3-car garage and workshop.  Here, I would have one daily driver (Subaru Outback) a sports car (Audi TT) and a classic car (1960 Chevrolet Impala).

On the second floor, I would have my bedroom and two guest suites, each with its own bathroom.  In my room, I'd have a double bed with a memory foam mattress and extra firm pillows.  I would have a nice wooden ceiling fan with dimmable incandescent lights.  All of the lamps in my bedroom would use dimmers and contain incandescent or halogen soft pink light bulbs.  I would need blackout curtains just in case I have bright, glaring LED street lights across the street.

In the top level of my house, I would like a finished attic room with skylight windows, and a power recliner chair for star gazing from indoors.  This would be my room for just relaxing and having some quiet time.  I would like to have a flatscreen Samsung Smart TV up here too.  

A few other things I would like in the dream house:

Industrial strength central A/C (It's hot here in South Carolina)

An under the stairs closet (Harry Potter room)

Flat top hibachi grill in the kitchen, so I can cook Japanese food and put on cooking shows  ;D

Plugs in the work shop that have a step voltage converter between 120 and 230 volts

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 07:23:04 PM » Author: suzukir122
I'm half Barbadian, and half African American. Closest thing to tanning I've gone through is the sun.
I've been in the sun for long periods of time during football in High School... yeah... the result was bad.
If I had a tanning bed though, I'd take out those UV lamps and replace them with regular HO's, then I'd
sit inside the bed anyways, fully clothed.  ;D
@CEB1993, Japanese food is sounding very tasty right now. Especially cooked foods.
What exactly do you mean by Harry Potter room?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:27:29 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 07:33:31 PM » Author: CEB1993
I'm half Barbadian, and half African American. Closest thing to tanning I've gone through is the sun.
I've been in the sun for long periods of time during football in High School... yeah... the result was bad.
If I had a tanning bed though, I'd take out those UV lamps and replace them with regular HO's, then I'd
sit inside the bed anyways, fully clothed.  ;D
@CEB1993, Japanese food is sounding very tasty right now. Especially cooked foods.
What exactly do you mean by Harry Potter room?

Like the cupboard under the stairs where Harry slept at his aunt and uncle's house.  These under-the-stairs closets are efficient use of space.  I wouldn't make anyone sleep here, rather I would just use it for keeping mops, brooms, vacuums, etc.

I love Hibachi Japanese food!  I could imagine myself working as a Hibachi chef at a Japanese restaurant during the evenings while I work as a lighting designer during the day.  That would be awesome!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:40:54 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 07:42:20 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Kenzie: I'm a blonde from Iceland and usually I would be a bit tan but I'm pale with some color but that color makes me appear red and 2% tan
So I sit under the sun if its out everyday until im soft white
But that was an idea It's prolly never gonna happen
But where im at now im happy ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:19:46 PM by F96T12 DD VHO » Logged

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 08:01:09 PM » Author: CEB1993
@ F96T12, I really like your idea of those big flags for Colorado and Iceland!  I would like some flags in my house too.  They would look awesome illuminated by my T3 linear halogens.  I would like a big American flag, a South Carolina flag, and Furman University flag on a wall in my living room.

I would like to have some 230 volt recessed halogen lights in the kitchen that take 1000 watt Philips IODE's.  Two of those would make the kitchen perfectly bright 8)

In the bathroom, I would like a recessed light that's rated for one of those 250 watt red heat lamps.  I've always wanted to try one, but none of the recessed lights in my actual house would be able to run a 250 watt lamp.

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 03:50:43 PM » Author: CEB1993
For the outside of the house, I would want it in Mission style with an orange terra cotta roof and tan siding.  I've always thought this style of house was pretty, and it's not a common style in South Carolina.

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 06:57:05 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
A big garage to hold all of the cars I would love to own.

A large display unit for all our lamps, something like the life testing rooms they have at lamp factories

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 06:58:18 PM » Author: Rommie
A large display unit for all our lamps, something like the life testing rooms they have at lamp factories
And the money to pay the electricity bill to run them all  :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #23 on: February 27, 2018, 01:08:18 PM » Author: CEB1993
I would definitely like to have a large generator for emergency power supply when there's a power failure.  I like the look of the Honda gas powered generators.  For emergency lighting, I would have colored LED track lighting along the edges of the hallways and the stairs.  Who says a power failure can't be fun?  ;D

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #24 on: February 27, 2018, 01:12:12 PM » Author: suzukir122
 :o... I don't know if any of that was photo shopped, but I do know one thing is for sure... its
not impossible to achieve that kind of lighting style.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #25 on: February 27, 2018, 01:49:49 PM » Author: Rommie
I would definitely like to have a large generator for emergency power supply when there's a power failure.  I like the look of the Honda gas powered generators.  For emergency lighting, I would have colored LED track lighting along the edges of the hallways and the stairs.  Who says a power failure can't be fun?  ;D
Generators take too long to kick in. If you have a lot of computer stuff like we do, you need a true Uninterruptible Power Supply, which means batteries. Generators to back those up, fine, but not as the only standby source.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #26 on: February 27, 2018, 02:44:02 PM » Author: Ash
I would not need a big emergency generator. What would i need in an emergency ?

- For outage of just up to few hours, i would not need anything at all. Maybe some lighting when night comes down, but it would be minimal and that i can power with just a UPS

- For outage of more than a day, i would want to give the fridge some run time once in a while to restore its cold. (However, most outages happen in the winter as result of bad wether, so i could as well just take the food outside...). One or two days i probably could pull even that with a UPS, without even pulling out the generator

- If i have to use power tools during the outage - either in relation to restoring power somehow, or in relation to doing any other sort of emergency repair, i'd want a generator that would be able to power any power tools i throw at it (one at a time) + couple work lights. Let's assume that the biggest tool in the shop is a welder (~4000W), and the work light i'd use with the welder is at most a 400W MH flood, it's some 4500W together

- Other than the welder+MH, Anything else i could possibly want to power up at once is well below 4500W

All in all looks like 4500W (~6hp) generator is all what i'd need...

In reality...

I do have a few UPS's i collected over time as an IT sysadmin (not "home" stuff but not huge ones for whole room/building either, it's stuff like 1500..2000VA that could power a rack of networking equipment)

My first emergency lighting is FL lanterns with built in EM module (that were intended for permanent installation) with cable and plug wired to them (only to the EM part, the magnetic gear set is not connected) and plugged in. My 2nd emergency lighing is some more FL's with cable and plug, that i can power from the UPS's
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #27 on: February 27, 2018, 05:14:46 PM » Author: AngryHorse
My dream house would be the one I once created on Minecraft!! ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #28 on: February 27, 2018, 08:34:06 PM » Author: Cole D.
High ceilings - at least 9 foot ceilings and vaulted ceilings everywhere.
Stained trim and 6 panel doors
Kitchen with wood cabinets with room above for displaying things as well as an island. Side by side refrigerator with ice and water on the door, cooktop and ovens, recessed lights and a ceiling fan
A two car garage with workspace
Separate laundry room with cabinets
Master bedroom with tray ceiling
Master bathroom with a shower with glass doors
An office room with a built in computer desk and storage
Another room for displaying my collections
Open back porch with tile floor
And a GE Powr/bracket in the back yard

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #29 on: February 28, 2018, 10:31:43 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Some more... :D

A room (50x50x9 all in Ft) would have 8-foot fluorescent lights on each wall each one being a different color temp
What the color temps are: 2700K, 4100K, 6500K, 10,000K
Each wall would be protected by a 90 AMP breaker and all lights are connected to one 277 plug
The light switches would be connected to each plug

The lights have no fixture, the ballast would sit next to the lamp and the lamp sockets would be stuffed in the wall

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies