Author Topic: My PC won't update!  (Read 1623 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
My PC won't update! « on: April 16, 2018, 10:11:24 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Ok, since my HP computer has Windows 10 and there were two updates and I restart my PC and after that, it didn't install the updates. I try to restart again, and it STILL didn't install. Why is this?  ???

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: My PC won't update! « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 07:49:26 PM » Author: Rommie
Ok, since my HP computer has Windows 10 and there were two updates and I restart my PC and after that, it didn't install the updates. I try to restart again, and it STILL didn't install. Why is this?  ???
Erm.. you're using Windows..? :P

Seriously, I don't know, I rarely use Windows, I only have a copy of it on a second hard drive because of some legacy software that won't run under Wine on Linux. But I do remember back in the day that some Windows updates would refuse to install, never did understand why. It was one of the reasons I stopped using it for 99% of my computer applications.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My PC won't update! « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 08:39:47 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Actually, I went on to the Microsoft download update catalog, and downloaded the right one, and after that it said its already installed. Weird. Must be Microsoft is having problems with their updates.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: My PC won't update! « Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 09:19:06 AM » Author: Rommie
Actually, I went on to the Microsoft download update catalog, and downloaded the right one, and after that it said its already installed. Weird. Must be Microsoft is having problems with their updates.
I'd better keep my mouth shut...  :P

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My PC won't update! « Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 11:28:51 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
What? I didn't say anything wrong, right? :o

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: My PC won't update! « Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 11:30:45 AM » Author: Rommie
What? I didn't say anything wrong, right? :o
Certainly not, it's just that I don't have a particularly high opinion of Microsoft or its products and I tend to get a little sarcastic at times, no offence meant :)

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My PC won't update! « Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 11:35:04 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Thats ok. ;)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies