Author Topic: That's a (...) Of A Desk Lamp  (Read 4029 times)
Steele1992

View Posts
View Gallery

That's a (...) Of A Desk Lamp « on: February 09, 2018, 04:35:52 AM » Author: Steele1992
I found this on a local auction site in my area - can't buy it, but I found it funny that someone mounted it like this.  It's not wired up, so you can tell that someone didn't know what kind of light this was and just put it on a homemade stand like a desk lamp.  haha.  ??? :D  https://us.letgo.com/en/i/outdoor-industrial-light_d397b835-b137-4547-bf3a-307f65441307

I collect exit signs, preferably vintage ones.

I also have a little bit of a thing for light bulbs, too. Of course, hoarding them due to the incandescent bulb ban.

(Signature last updated October 27, 2011)

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: That's a (...) Of A Desk Lamp « Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 04:03:48 PM » Author: wattMaster
I actually want to make one of those, but with a lowbay fixture instead.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: That's a (...) Of A Desk Lamp « Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 06:29:59 PM » Author: Lumex120
I used to have something like this I built for on of my 2 yardblasters (my first HID fixtures I got in early 2014) but I took it apart long before I joined LG since it was taking up too much space.

Unofficial LG Discord

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: That's a (...) Of A Desk Lamp « Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 12:19:51 PM » Author: Rommie
You think that's good, how about this one..?  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: That's a (...) Of A Desk Lamp « Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 08:21:02 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
That reminds me, we need to start work again on our Beta 5 to convert it into a floor lamp. :a_sox:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: That's a (...) Of A Desk Lamp « Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 08:23:25 PM » Author: Rommie
That reminds me, we need to start work again on our Beta 5 to convert it into a floor lamp. :a_sox:
Yes, first thing is to get the metalwork as clean and polished as possible, then we need to find a suitable mounting...

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: That's a (...) Of A Desk Lamp « Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 09:30:23 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Is it possible that it is some kind of discarded retail display from something like a hardware store? if you look close it seems to have a white cord coming from the wiring compartment like I see alot in stores around here

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies