Author Topic: Cool white and daylight color temperatures somehow make mercury vapor color?  (Read 945 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Cool white and daylight color temperatures somehow make mercury vapor color? « on: February 09, 2018, 11:41:21 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
When I was in my room, the bathroom light where the shower is, which has a flush mount fixture and has CFLs in it. One cool white and other being daylight, put the two together kinda makes a clear MV lamp color. Is this true, yes or no?

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Cool white and daylight color temperatures somehow make mercury vapor color? « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 02:41:56 AM » Author: dor123
I don't think a mixture of cool white and daylight can yield a color similar to a clear MV lamp. It is significantly different color, as it have only few spectral lines compared to CFLs colors.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool white and daylight color temperatures somehow make mercury vapor color? « Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 04:19:49 AM » Author: Ash
In color temperature - It is fairly close. (Mercury lamps are nominally 4200K, but they appear to be higher temp in reality)

In spectrum - It is not as close, but the difference will be seen not at the lamp, but at illuminated objects in the room : The CRI difference is seen the most on objects with strong vivid colors. The spectrum width and uniformity is seen the most with desaturated, non strong colors. The matching between CRI and spectrum width can generally be assumed as a measure of light quality
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies