Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
October 02, 2026, 06:41:15 PM
Forum
Forum Home
Gallery Updates
Message Boards
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery Home
Lamps
Lanterns/Fixtures
Gear
Miscellaneous
Off-Topic
For Sale or Trade
Last uploads
Last comments
Most viewed
Random pictures
Member spotlight
Help
Forum Help
Contact Admins
Search
Google Site Search
Message Board Search
Gallery Search
Calendar
Links
Lighting Resources
Our Page on Facebook
Login
Register
≡
Login
Register
Forum Help
Contact Admins
Site Search
Calendar
Links
Lighting-Gallery.net
|
General
|
General Discussion
| Topic:
Abandoned lights
« previous
next »
Author
Topic: Abandoned lights (Read 3394 times)
Cole D.
Member
Offline
View Posts
View Gallery
123 V 60 CPS
Abandoned lights
« on: February 11, 2018, 12:24:12 PM »
Author:
Cole D.
Are there a lot of abandoned streetlights or yardlights in your area? When I was younger, abandoned lights or those not working fascinated me. I always wanted to know their story, how old they were or why they stopped working.
I noticed recently that some of the abandoned POCO yard lights in my area that were buckets have been replaced with LED fixtures and are used again.
There is only one abandoned bucket on my street I can think of. Plus there's an old tree farm around the corner that has a shed and a bucket light that used to be used like 10 years ago but no longer has power.
Logged
Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.
RyanF40T12
Guest
Re: Abandoned lights
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 04:35:54 PM »
Author: RyanF40T12
I was the same. Wanted to know why they were not working and wanted more than anything to see them working again. I was also fascinated by burned out fluorescent T-12 tubes when they would be glowing and sometimes flicker and try to start up again. Typical ADD hyper-focusing.
Logged
HomeBrewLamps
Member
Offline
Gender:
View Posts
View Gallery
Re: Abandoned lights
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 05:23:43 PM »
Author:
HomeBrewLamps
Yeah there are many.. And I've always had the urge to either take the abandoned ones or repair them to working order if they're on an active site..
Logged
Ash
Member
Offline
View Posts
View Gallery
Re: Abandoned lights
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 02:56:33 PM »
Author:
Ash
I can second all of you. There were not a lot of them over here, but i was really fascinated by the ones that were, and also by any other electrics left in place outdoors (panels, switches in random places and so on)
And i completed what was missing to my taste from my imagination
Logged
WestinghouseCeramalux
Guest
Re: Abandoned lights
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 03:12:42 PM »
Author: WestinghouseCeramalux
Yep...I was fascinated by this too when I was growing up. I'm actually to busy now days to notice them anymore.
Logged
Pages:
[
1
]
Print
© 2005-2026 Lighting-Gallery.net
|
SMF 2.0.19
|
SMF © 2021
,
Simple Machines
|
Terms and Policies
E-Mail Us: administrator
(SPAM PROTECTION - REMOVE)
@lighting-gallery.net