Author Topic: Main light or Portable lamp?  (Read 1552 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Main light or Portable lamp? « on: February 07, 2018, 04:50:27 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
In my gfs apartment living room we have a main light that remains collecting dust while a portable lamp jerry rigged with a mogul socket has a 400W HPS in it and( it's not very bright ) <sarcasm

What about you

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Main light or Portable lamp? « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 09:20:49 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
A 400w MH high bay in the main entry way, now that will be BRIGHT!   ;D

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Main light or Portable lamp? « Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 02:41:49 PM » Author: Ash
I had a 70W SON E/I in the ceiling socket (with the ballast wired to a junction box upstream of the switch). In second thought, could do that with a chandelier with more than 1 lamp, so each time a random one lights and there is instant restrike function too
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Main light or Portable lamp? « Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 12:11:37 PM » Author: suzukir122
My main lights (I'll be filming them on video soon) are all 15watt desk lamps... 7 of them,
to be exact. They run on a single switch... five of them are on an 8 foot picnic table, and
two more of them are located on tables beside my couch. These are all in my living room, which
is a horrible place for them to be. All of them contain High Power Factor Trigger-Start ballasts,
with 4 of them containing 0 degree start temp GE Bonus Line ballasts. Of course, all of them are magnetic.
My original plan for that picnic table, was to use it as a YouTube Subscriber mail table. I would've
opened up mail from subscribers on video for my YouTube channel. Though I still plan on the YouTube thing
in the future, I will be taking down all of my desk lamps along with the table soon. I plan on buying
15watt strip lights in place of the desk lamps, and installing all 7 of them into the ceiling. The desk lamp
idea is awesome... walking in my home and flipping on the switch/watching them fire up every time is amazing...
but... it's a waste of usable light, since most of the light is shining on the tables.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies