Author Topic: Anyone here like riding bicycles?  (Read 1975 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Anyone here like riding bicycles? « on: February 18, 2018, 12:31:44 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
I usually ride my bike for excising in my neighborhood and local parks. Do you?

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Anyone here like riding bicycles? « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 02:11:31 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Yes. Everywhere. to the point where I need to overhaul the thing soon because I've worn it out...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone here like riding bicycles? « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 06:27:27 PM » Author: Rommie
Been ages since I've had mine out, too [censored] cold around here this winter. Might get it out when the weather gets warmer.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." (Russian proverb)

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone here like riding bicycles? « Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 06:29:24 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I used to cycle a lot when I was younger, but these days it's just not possible just now as I have problems with my balance and I need to regain my confidence before I take to two wheels again.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Anyone here like riding bicycles? « Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 05:19:11 AM » Author: suzukir122
I use to ride bicycles as a kid, avidly. Though my only source of cardio nowadays is weight-lifting, push ups,
weighted ab-workouts and other heavy weight exercises, I really am thinking about getting back into bicycle riding.
The main thing I miss... is the traveling aspect of it. Also, being able to take it into smaller places, side walks, etc.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here like riding bicycles? « Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 01:11:20 AM » Author: tolivac
Don't have a bike-they are some folks out here that ride theirs on the country roads-PROBLEM-the roads are designed for CARS,not bikes-to top it off the roads have a 55MPH speed limit.Feel its unsafe for BOTH the bike riders and cars to allow this.And some groups of cyclists are INCONSIDERATE to drivers.They hog the road -not allowing the cars to pass.The roads in my area should be widened-andsigns posted to urge bikes to stay to the right-out of car traffic.I would not ride a bike where cars are going by at 55-60MPH!On the residential roads here-fine.also same with mopeds that can't go the speed limits.Both are unsafe on the high speed roads here.
veryhighonoutput

View Posts
View Gallery

T12

Re: Anyone here like riding bicycles? « Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 06:34:53 AM » Author: veryhighonoutput
I used to ride my fat bike 2 times a week all year until i opened my fence business and bought a new house im tring to fix up. I look at it all the time now to remind me but simply no time uggg

T12/ t17 there's a reason they made heavy magnetic ballasts

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Anyone here like riding bicycles? « Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 06:21:20 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I used to ride my fat bike 2 times a week

You have one of those bicycles that have "fat" tires? I find it weird to see a fat tire bicycle. lol

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: Anyone here like riding bicycles? « Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 11:26:02 PM » Author: thelightingman
I ride my bike as a way to look for lighting on the side of the road.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Desultory13
Re: Anyone here like riding bicycles? « Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 11:42:34 PM » Author: Desultory13
Yep! I love it! Best stress relief there is. Wore my last bike out so badly it wasn't even worth repairing so I just bought a new one last week. Because of the heavy riding I do whenever I have a check up my doctor says I have the most perfect lungs and heart and incredibly developed leg muscles. I've been known to ride over 100 miles in one week!
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here like riding bicycles? « Reply #10 on: April 24, 2021, 12:26:04 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I sure do! It is fun, and stress relieving like Desultory says! I ride my bike to enjoy the outdoors, not just the lights. Since I can't drive yet it's the next best thing to do.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here like riding bicycles? « Reply #11 on: April 24, 2021, 03:21:21 AM » Author: Econolite03
I ride occasionally, for recreational use. 

Your GTE Sylvania Guide

Print 
© 2005-2023 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies