Author Topic: Removal of Last Updated Albums  (Read 23783 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Removal of Last Updated Albums « Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 02:15:43 PM » Author: Rommie
Can we get rid of the delay on comments on the front page?
Its quite annoying.
As I said before, I rarely if ever use the front page, I always go straight to who's online (cos I'm nosy..!) and the last updates/comments gallery pages.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Removal of Last Updated Albums « Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 08:31:02 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Is that why you’re always on there?
It seems like you’re there like 20 hours of the day
Do you ever logout or do you keep it in “keep me logged in”

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Removal of Last Updated Albums « Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 08:37:06 AM » Author: Rommie
Yes I tick the stay connected box and have the 'Who's online' screen up on a separate monitor, so I can keep an eye on who's doing what. Told you I was nosy  ;D :D :P

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

TL8W

View Posts
View Gallery

Lee

None
Re: Removal of Last Updated Albums « Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 07:29:37 PM » Author: TL8W
Wonder if I was just ‘lucky’ but a comment I’ve just placed went on immediately.

We do not have to agree on anything to be kind to one another. The ability to be civil is available to everyone on earth, for free.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Removal of Last Updated Albums « Reply #19 on: May 11, 2018, 12:50:51 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Wonder if I was just ‘lucky’ but a comment I’ve just placed went on immediately.
Yeah I've noticed that as well a few times... I figure it is because we caught it right at a time when it refreshed...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Removal of Last Updated Albums « Reply #20 on: June 26, 2018, 06:16:15 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Speaking of the whos online part of the site, would it not speed things up to remove the tracking that the site does to show whos doing what? I would think that uses alot of resources. The the front comment page could be returned to full speed

Administrator #5

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Removal of Last Updated Albums « Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 07:05:09 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Speaking of the whos online part of the site, would it not speed things up to remove the tracking that the site does to show whos doing what? I would think that uses alot of resources. The the front comment page could be returned to full speed
When I was registered, the Last Updated Albums thing was on the site along with Last Comment and if I can remember they had no delay

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Removal of Last Updated Albums « Reply #22 on: September 20, 2019, 01:24:26 PM » Author: dor123
I don't know that old pictures will be deleted.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Removal of Last Updated Albums « Reply #23 on: October 24, 2019, 01:37:53 AM » Author: dor123
I don't want.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Removal of Last Updated Albums « Reply #24 on: October 24, 2019, 11:38:06 AM » Author: Medved
Get rid of the old replies and topics after 2 years.

I do not agree, because manyt of those old contributions serves as a knowledge resource library.

No more selfballasted c***

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Removal of Last Updated Albums « Reply #25 on: October 24, 2019, 11:44:10 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Should stay up. Member Tudorwiz has a lot of instructional posts about how to use the site like posting links which to this day I still check because i have the memory of a potato lol.

However I do think that any old posts no longer relevant or useful like off topic should have an auto expire. It'll keep things cleaned up.

There is also the problem that members cant delete their own topic posts. You literally cant remove a thread entirely. The admins need to allow the topic starter the option to delete it completely. I have old topics that i started that i cannot remove with a delete button
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 11:49:40 AM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Removal of Last Updated Albums « Reply #26 on: October 24, 2019, 12:54:57 PM » Author: Rommie
There is also the problem that members cant delete their own topic posts. You literally cant remove a thread entirely. The admins need to allow the topic starter the option to delete it completely. I have old topics that i started that i cannot remove with a delete button
You certainly can remove your own topic posts, and entire topics that you have created. I have tested this and it certainly works for me.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies