Author Topic: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night?  (Read 9666 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « on: March 11, 2018, 12:58:22 PM » Author: Cole D.
My neighborhood is pretty quiet at night, I don't think there are any cars going by late. But I used to hear four wheelers going by on the street sometimes at 1 or 2 in the morning. Sometimes I hear boats at night.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 04:23:25 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
My neighborhood is sometimes noisy cause of the frogs, and crickets. Mostly is quiet at night.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 06:21:48 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
My old neighborhood was full of a particular type of people... was always noisy unless it was cold out, Moving back there this summer.

Current neighborhood is full of older people, Mostly quiet.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 07:10:12 PM » Author: suzukir122
My neighborhood (apartment complex) is sometimes noisy at night, during the weekdays especially.
Specifically when there is someone blasting music in their car at 3am in the morning. Or when some of the
idiots start revving their stupid sportcars for whatever reason... also late at night.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 08:33:34 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We're fairly quiet here, though there is a fire station (fire house to our friends over the pond) quite close by. I've got used to it over the years that I have lived here. To such an extent that when I was down in London a few years ago I never noticed that there was a very busy one near to where we were staying. Everyone else was complaining the following morning of being kept awake by all the activity, and I slept right through it all.!  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 09:10:52 PM » Author: Rommie
We're fairly quiet here, though there is a fire station (fire house to our friends over the pond) quite close by. I've got used to it over the years that I have lived here. To such an extent that when I was down in London a few years ago I never noticed that there was a very busy one near to where we were staying. Everyone else was complaining the following morning of being kept awake by all the activity, and I slept right through it all.! :D
I grew up in and around London, so I'm used to traffic and other noises at night, but since moving here, all I tend to hear are the seagulls, I think they work rolling shifts  :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 02:08:56 AM » Author: dor123
The neighbors behind my hostel, sometimes noisy, since they have little children, and their father works at an events equipment company, so they sometimes operates recreation room equipment like inflatable castles, in which their blowers are very noisy. They also plays Mizrachi music during parties.
Lots of illegal regular and rally ATVs and off road motorbikes without licensing run riots in my neighborhood, driving at more than 100km/h (62.13mph) with noisy exhaust systems.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 03:08:52 AM » Author: suzukir122
Off road motorcycles and ATV's... over here in the U.S, depending on each state, the fines can be pretty extreme
if caught riding an off road motorcycle or an ATV on public roads.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 04:57:40 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I live with my gf in a apt in Aspen CO and that apartment isn't to far from I-70 so I hear distant swooshes from cars all together sounds like white noise

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 09:33:24 AM » Author: paintballer22
My neighborhood is quiet at night.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 05:13:50 PM » Author: suzukir122
I forgot to mention the main roads walking distance from my apartment... but late night traffic doesn't
seem to be all that much of an issue regarding loud vehicles here. Just the idiot loud neighbors and
their lame sport cars.
I also forgot to mention train tracks not too far from where I live, but it's far enough that it's not
much of an issue... although when the train is on those particular tracks, you can definitely hear it.

Interests:

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 06:14:59 PM » Author: Ash
At night allmost the only noise is jackals howling at the Moon. Sometimes hum from air conditioners

But in the morning there is a neighbor that occasionally plays loud music, fills a bin of Glass beer bottles, drills, and argues with his family loudly at some stupid early hour. He used to do that every weekend, now he is more towards once a month
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 08:02:50 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Oh I do live right next to train tracks aswell as being in a flight path... I was assuming noisy as in people when I first read the question...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Aveoguy22
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 10:12:09 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
pretty quiet for the most part living on a dirt road and being down a 450ft driveway.  can pretty do whatever i want here and the (distant) neighbors dont complain
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 10:43:43 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
pretty quiet for the most part living on a dirt road and being down a 450ft driveway.  can pretty do whatever i want here and the (distant) neighbors dont complain

One day, I wish to be in that situation.

~Owen

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies