Author Topic: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night?  (Read 9676 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #45 on: April 03, 2018, 08:03:16 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We don't suffer from so called Boom cars here fortunately.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #46 on: April 03, 2018, 08:11:48 AM » Author: suzukir122
@589, Yeah I'm more than likely gonna be using my bike as my horn for my motorcycle... because the horn
on my motorcycle is very... puny. That being said, I will not pass 4,000 rpm's when I rev. Passed 4,000 rpm's, (rev limit at 16,000)
it may come across as me being mad at the driver. The sudden loud sound might scare the driver as well, which
is not my intention. I simply want them to move forward.
But revving excessively during the nighttime is a bad move regardless of what we ride or drive. Playing loud
music is in some cases worse, since a lot of times, it rattles windows and vibrates walls even more
than loud revving.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #47 on: April 03, 2018, 08:15:34 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I don't agree with excessive revving either, but there is something to be said about the burble of a V8 revving just a little...  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #48 on: April 03, 2018, 08:26:46 AM » Author: suzukir122
haha... I've been a fan of the v8's too. Not nearly as much as custom cars or bike sounds, but v8's are definitely
always ear catching/sounds to take seriously as well.
It's the idiots that over rev these engines that ruin it all for me. Especially during the nights lol

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #49 on: April 03, 2018, 01:40:31 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Yeah every now and then I hear a ricer car pass by speeding by in the mountainous roads

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #50 on: June 24, 2018, 04:35:21 PM » Author: Cole D.
I rarely blow the horn. Sometimes it's needed though. There's this daycare I pass often and the road in front is too narrow in my opinion, and people will come out of the parking lot and take up the whole road to where you almost have to drive off the road to avoid them. Plus often times they pull out right in front of you so you have to slam on brakes to avoid them. I did blow my horn in one case because if I hadn't stopped I would have hit him.

I really don't care for people being in such a hurry on the roads, nor do I like when people tailgate or weave in and out of traffic. Weaving is pointless anyway because usually you all end up stopped at the same traffic signal down the road. They just used more gas to get there. I'd rather they just speed on then ride my bumper though.

I used to have a friend I would ride with often. He was one of those drivers, he used to tailgate and then at stop lights, he'd stop inches from bumpers. Plus if a driver was going too slowly he'd tailgate them and when they turned off he'd blow the horn and drive off on the shoulder as if he was running them off the road. He had anger issues I think that it stemmed from. I'm glad I don't have to ride with him anymore, don't know how he didn't get in a crash. It didn't help that his car smelled like stale cologne either plus he never cleaned it. He used to be a tame driver but before I stopped riding with him it had gotten pretty bad to where I would ask why he had such an issue with people.

Not that I don't get annoyed on the road but road rage is a dangerous thing.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:41:56 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #51 on: July 04, 2018, 09:28:54 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
The neighborhood itself is fairly quiet at night (there is ofcourse those standard things that are everywhere: A few noisy cars, motorcycles, and ofcourse the mutts barking)
...but I also live near an edge of the neighborhood, and fairly close to a highway: can both see & hear it - so there is constant 'traffic noise' in the background. On another of the surrounding roads there is a fire station about a mile down...so not uncommon to hear the firetruck/paramedics travel that road multiple times per day.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #52 on: July 05, 2018, 05:04:08 AM » Author: dor123
Some time ago, at 20:00, the neighbors at Lilenblum 26, did a noisy party (Probably wedding based of how this was looked before this began), directly under my window, at the entrance of their house, rather than on their garden. The noise power/pressure of their music, exceeded 100 decibel (I had to use double ear protection which is both earplugs and noise reduction headphones at the same time), and this lasted until several min after 22:00, when I call the police about this, and they reached to the area and silenced the music.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #53 on: January 24, 2021, 06:06:40 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
My neighborhood is pretty quiet except for the noise of passing cars on the road next to it.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #54 on: January 24, 2021, 06:30:46 PM » Author: HPS_250
My neighborhood is quiet at night except for the occasional loud car passing. Of course, there are also some noises such as people talking when they pass the street, dogs barking, wind, etc.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #55 on: January 25, 2021, 03:54:21 AM » Author: Econolite03
Overall, very very quiet unless some dumb person races down my street in their sports car like they need to use the bathroom or something. Sometimes it gets cold and foggy in the early morning and I'll hear a distant train horn (I've dubbed the 'ghost-train' as the train is several blocks away and it sounds very eerie).
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #56 on: January 25, 2021, 05:01:11 AM » Author: suzukir122
Since I moved, no sports cars, no motorcycles, and no trucks to deal with here in terms of loud sounds. Actually at my apartment,
it's REALLY quiet, since the apartment complex is far distance from the road. The main things I can hear are the tornado sirens (during
tests or actual tornado warnings) thunderstorms, train horns, and birds chirping. Of course though, if the car bike or truck is loud enough, I can
hear them... but that's very rare.

Interests:

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #57 on: March 11, 2021, 07:37:48 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
It's mostly quiet where I live, given that my house is surrounded by trees. In the spring time, the frogs chirping at night are pretty much the only thing that makes my neighborhood loud.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies