Author Topic: Street light styles, What do you like?  (Read 2798 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Street light styles, What do you like? « on: March 12, 2018, 10:34:08 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
This is what I mean
Multiple examples stated below:
Street lights on one side of the street http://beforeafter.omslighting.com/img/02-bef.jpg

Street lights on both sides but each light is on every other side like this: http://www.streetlightsolar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/1442459168.jpg

If possible in the center having 2 arms like this: https://www.capetowndailyphoto.com/uploaded_images/_MG_5125-750184.jpg

All sides of the road like this: https://www.designboom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tvilight-smart-streetlight-shah-designboom-02.jpg

This is based on you and what you like or prefer

BTW I got all these photos from google

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Street light styles, What do you like? « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 05:19:44 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I think I like the third choice. With MV fixtures. :D

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Street light styles, What do you like? « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 07:39:02 PM » Author: Rommie
Any style, as long as they're not LED.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Street light styles, What do you like? « Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 11:00:48 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Any style, as long as they're not LED.
Agreed, they're ghastly. >:(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Street light styles, What do you like? « Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 03:01:53 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I'm very happy with the 4100k Philips Road Focus installs in my community.  they are much better than the cobrahead 150, 250, and 500 Watt HPS that they replaced.  Now, if they had replaced something like mercury vapor, I might be a bit more sad.. but even these Road Focus lights are starting to take on a slight green hue to them so I am grinning either way.  I like the HPS and MH parking lot lights in the area and at my church buildings that I help maintain, but several have been converted to insanely bright 4100k LEDs that I don't like.  Would have been better if they used the 3000k color.  But I had no say in the matter. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Street light styles, What do you like? « Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 09:12:05 AM » Author: Rommie
I'm very happy with the 4100k Philips Road Focus installs in my community.  they are much better than the cobrahead 150, 250, and 500 Watt HPS that they replaced.  Now, if they had replaced something like mercury vapor, I might be a bit more sad.. but even these Road Focus lights are starting to take on a slight green hue to them so I am grinning either way.  I like the HPS and MH parking lot lights in the area and at my church buildings that I help maintain, but several have been converted to insanely bright 4100k LEDs that I don't like.  Would have been better if they used the 3000k color.  But I had no say in the matter.
That's the problem, the people who have to live with and drive under these lights don't get any say >:(

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Street light styles, What do you like? « Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 04:14:47 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
As you have probably guessed I'm no fan of LED street lights, but even if I did like the light they emit, the fact that no thought has been given to the aesthetic look of them is disgraceful,  >:(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Street light styles, What do you like? « Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 12:55:52 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
That's the problem, the people who have to live with and drive under these lights don't get any say >:(
But the vast majority who live and drive under them generally do not care.  They have far more important things on their mind. 

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Street light styles, What do you like? « Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 12:32:05 PM » Author: Rommie
But the vast majority who live and drive under them generally do not care.  They have far more important things on their mind. 
Such as..?

People generally accept the status quo when they know they're not going to be listened to. Give them the opportunity to have their say and you might just find they think differently.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Street light styles, What do you like? « Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 03:05:31 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
dinner, movies, tv, sports, working out, sex, fishing, shopping, eating, need I go on? 

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Street light styles, What do you like? « Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 09:41:33 AM » Author: Rommie
dinner, movies, tv, sports, working out, sex, fishing, shopping, eating, need I go on?  
Possibly, but to do many of those things you need to go out under street lighting.

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Street light styles, What do you like? « Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 02:05:48 PM » Author: streetlight98
I've found that staggering the lights provides better illumination of the roadway and most lighting layouts seem to prefer it on streets and highways as well. The older freeway lighting here was staggered (aka light on the left, light on the right, light on the left, light on the right,...). On interstate 95 in the Providence area, the original 1957 davit poles remain, currently with 133w LED lights. Before that it was 250W HPS M-250R2s and before that assorted 400W MV lights (originally OV-25 flatbottoms).

Here's a link. There's two-headed poles on the Jersey barrier, which are spaced twice as far as normal, with single headed poles on the shoulders spaced evenly between the double headed poles. Problem is, you are now running three circuits the whole length of the freeway instead of one larger circuit. That's great for redundancy but it's a lot more conduit and cable no matter how you look at it. And some people think it looks "cluttered" with lights staggered down the road.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies