Author Topic: Where to buy a ballast in arm fixture?  (Read 1788 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Where to buy a ballast in arm fixture? « on: March 17, 2018, 05:53:00 PM » Author: Cole D.
I might eventually get a ballast in arm fixture and was wondering where I could buy one. I don't know of anywhere here that sells them. Are there any GE Powr/Brackets left? I know those have been discontinued but the AEL 165 and dusk to dawn is still made as far as I know. I'm guessing they would all be more than I'd want to pay though.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Where to buy a ballast in arm fixture? « Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 06:47:24 PM » Author: Lumex120
I might eventually get a ballast in arm fixture and was wondering where I could buy one. I don't know of anywhere here that sells them. Are there any GE Powr/Brackets left? I know those have been discontinued but the AEL 165 and dusk to dawn is still made as far as I know. I'm guessing they would all be more than I'd want to pay though.
A 150w HPS AEL 165 costs around $110.

Unofficial LG Discord

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where to buy a ballast in arm fixture? « Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 07:12:40 PM » Author: sol
eBay might be a good source for those, but you have to keep looking regularly. Your patience will be rewarded one day if you keep at it.

Graybar, as far as I know, would be able to get you a Cooper Vanguard III.

If you happen to be close by when the power crews take one down, it might be free...
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Where to buy a ballast in arm fixture? « Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 02:26:05 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Yeah but ebay is rare to find ballast in arm fixtures. Except the cobraheads and NEMA buckets.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Where to buy a ballast in arm fixture? « Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 05:53:42 PM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah I haven't seen any ballast in arm fixtures on eBay, but I'll keep watching.

And that's not a bad price on an AEL. We do have several Graybar places around maybe 45 minutes away.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where to buy a ballast in arm fixture? « Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 06:50:07 PM » Author: sol
I purchased [mine] at the local Graybar, which is 45 minutes away as well. They had to order it as they only had 100W HPS in stock. I asked for a probe start 175W metal halide, but I got one in 175W MV instead. The ballast, however, is rated for both MV and MH. The cost was about 200 $ plus tax, in Canadian funds.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Where to buy a ballast in arm fixture? « Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 07:44:04 PM » Author: Cole D.
That looks really nice. And I called GE and asked if they had any Powr/Brackets left in stock but they said they didn't sell to the public and I would need to find a distributor local to get it.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies