Author Topic: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics  (Read 16371 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 03:37:15 PM » Author: CEB1993
My favorite songs are all from about 2005 through 2007:

Now and Then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrcDkE4XKEc

Sunday (B-Sides): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Brcsjvuc00

Creole Dreams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmbSZoMWVDw

Pacific Wind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuuKUxg0HDE

Take Five: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs

Climbing Green Hills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J9Jg_gLerw

My favorite artist from the Weather Channel series of music that is easily accessible on Spotify is Ryan Farish.  I recognize so many of his songs and I love their complex, and emotional sound.  Many of Ryan Farish's songs are a great mix of inspiration, relaxation, and melancholy. 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 08:50:32 PM » Author: CEB1993
I like some of the Patrick OHearn music, which was mostly from the late 80s and early 90s but still played some in the late 2000s.

Another I liked was when they played the ending from Layla, which I don't seem to hear anymore. It seems now they play the same few new songs over and over, but I think they do play jazz sometimes. I miss the songs from WeatherScan, since they took that channel off, only get the regular Weather Channel with Local on the 8s and they don't even show it at night anymore. :(

Here are some of my weather videos I made that have some of the songs from it.

https://youtu.be/WY9Lc_mXxVE

https://youtu.be/5otT_MKmBhI

https://youtu.be/wASYJZTCnvU

Thank you for the links to your videos here, Cole D!  I subscribed to your YouTube channel  :)  I love the third video with the forecast at midnight at the very beginning of Christmas Day!  The song on Spotify is I Saw Three Ships by David Arkenstone.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 08:52:16 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 08:42:41 AM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, you've got a youtube channel? I didn't know that! lol
Hmm, seems like more fellow lighting enthusiasts have YouTube channels, as opposed to what
I originally thought.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 09:59:25 AM » Author: CEB1993
@CEB1993, you've got a youtube channel? I didn't know that! lol
Hmm, seems like more fellow lighting enthusiasts have YouTube channels, as opposed to what
I originally thought.

Hi Suzukir122, several people here have YouTube channels that I’ve discovered and subscribed to recently.  I don’t have a YouTube channel of my own, but you don’t have to have your own channel or post any videos of your own to subscribe to other users’ channels. It’s a great way to see the latest lighting videos and see what other interests people here have. MrDaniel789 has an excellent channel with tons of old Weather Channel music and forecast videos. I’ve subscribed to that and it’s helped me figure out the names of my favorite Weather Channel songs to look up on Spotify.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:01:26 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 10:19:34 AM » Author: suzukir122
 :o... well you learn something new everyday. I didn't know you didn't have to have a YouTube channel
in order to subscribe to other YouTube content creators, in all of the almost 8 years I've been on YouTube.
(No video content from my channel yet but I'm currently in a bad situation... if things change, my YouTube
channel will be changing significantly fairly quickly)
I do have a lighting YouTube channel that I've had for several years as well, though I'm in debate about
potentially taking it down... that might not happen though because I actually have new ideas for that
channel as well.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #20 on: March 30, 2018, 10:38:27 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I have a channel... but it is not organized....

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #21 on: April 15, 2018, 07:11:21 PM » Author: Cole D.
Another thing that always got my attention, though not on the Weather Channel was when on the TV it beeps and there is a line across the screen and that voice says "The National Weather service has issued a _ for the following counties." This is the same voice I heard when I would turn on my radio to the weather band.

Plus I always liked if I would be watching a network station and suddenly would have "Weather Alert!" and the station meteorologist would come on and report if there was severe weather in the area. Usually this happened in the afternoon when we would get summer storms that could be severe or tornado watches.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 11:45:09 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Cole D, in my area they do that and interrupt programs a lot more frequently when there
is a tornado warning. Especially when there is a tornado warning with the added PDS. (Potentially Dangerous Situation)
My area had a tornado warning about a week ago, (sirens singing) when a thunderstorm heading very close to my area, started
becoming a supercell storm. It began rotating, the lighting in the storm sky rocketed, there was 75mph winds, and 3" hail.
(lots of purple and white on radar in the middle of the storm)
It became a weak supercell storm... but it weakened as it rolled over us. We didn't get hail at that point since it weakened, and
there was no rotation over us at that point either... but the storm left it's mark. We got very heavy rain, crazy lightning,
and probably 70mph winds. Luckily no damage... had the storm maintained strength, we would've definitely seen
some damage.

Interests:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 12:03:27 AM » Author: Cole D.
I see. I actually got the warning scroll on the TV today with the NWS message because some counties had a tornado watch. The message said the NWS radar detected rotation in some storm cells from the front moving in. But we only had a tornado watch and lake wind advisory here. We actually didn't get much from it, just wind gusts 20-30 MPH and some rain, but not heavy. For some reason that message from the NWS always sounds staticky, it does that on the weather radio band, or when the warning comes on TV or radio stations.

Last week we had hail warnings one day, but mostly just rain and wind and the power went out for a bit.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 12:18:16 AM » Author: suzukir122
Where is this at? Here, and everywhere I've lived all of my life, I've seen "Severe Thunderstorm Watch, Severe Thunderstorm Warning,
Tornado Watch, Tornado Warning, Special Weather Statement..." things like that. I've never seen a Hail Warning before.
Hail is only associated with severe and supercell thunderstorms.

I should also add that there is definitely a difference between "Tornado Watch," and "Tornado Warning." At least, that's how
it is over here. lol

Interests:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #25 on: April 21, 2018, 02:42:51 PM » Author: Cole D.
This is in FL, and I think I misspoke about a hail warning, I just heard we could get hail. I don't think there's a such thing as a hail warning either. lol Now for tornadoes, I think a tornado watch means the conditions could cause a tornado, such as when a big front is coming, which can cause severe storms and rotation which leads to tornadoes. A tornado warning means a tornado is sighted in the area. When I heard about the tornado on TV the other day, I think it was a warning. These usually have the wording that the radar detected rotation in the clouds which means a tornado could be imminent. Usually it will say "source, radar detected rotation" or something along those lines.

Interestingly, this type of activity seems to usually occur in rural areas. I remember when hurricane Irma came last summer, there were two of these tornado warnings about the rotation and they were both in rural areas. It's rare you hear about a tornado in a downtown area, though they do occur there, but not so much in FL.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #26 on: April 21, 2018, 04:50:31 PM » Author: suzukir122
Normally they prompt tornado warnings also when radar indicated as well, not just when sighted.
Tornadoes usually spawn from supercell thunderstorms... the stronger the storm, the higher chance
of a tornado. Supercells are notorious for producing the most extreme weather... very large hail,
incredibly damaging winds, deadly lightning, flash flooding, and tornadoes... in some cases, very strong long lived tornadoes.
It really depends on the strength of the storm and the storms favorable conditions. From what I know, there are strong thunderstorms, severe
thunderstorms, and supercell thunderstorms... supercells being the strongest of the three.

Interests:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #27 on: April 22, 2018, 05:52:41 PM » Author: Cole D.
I see. I got one of those tornado warnings on my simulator during the hurricane. You can see it here, I put it on YouTube after I recorded it.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=nJTESY-ZqbE

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #28 on: April 22, 2018, 08:34:50 PM » Author: CEB1993
I always used to associate the sound of the severe thunderstorm warning alarm (3:56 in the video link below) with the summer season.  Every afternoon, the combined heat and humidity lead to a risk of isolated strong thunderstorms.  It is normal here in South Carolina to see severe thunderstorm alerts most afternoons in the summer.  I really miss the old graphics because today's severe weather alerts are not as obvious  :o  I liked it better when there was a loud, piercing alarm coming from my TV, instead of having to go into a weather app, when it might be too late before a strong thunderstorm or tornado arrives.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13EiTaj_oPU

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #29 on: April 22, 2018, 08:38:34 PM » Author: suzukir122
Umm... @Cole D, the link you provided didn't lead to a YouTube video... it led to what would be Video Manager on YouTube, had
I been logged in. lol

@CEB1993, so they don't do the alarm cut in thing they use to do on TV? I don't know if they do or not, because honestly
I don't watch TV that much anymore. YouTube videos... that's the entertainment that replaced TV for me lol... though none
of the YouTube videos I watch are any of the garbage provided by the YouTube "Trending" category. lol

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies