Author Topic: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics  (Read 16397 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #30 on: April 22, 2018, 08:59:58 PM » Author: CEB1993
Umm... @Cole D, the link you provided didn't lead to a YouTube video... it led to what would be Video Manager on YouTube, had
I been logged in. lol

@CEB1993, so they don't do the alarm cut in thing they use to do on TV? I don't know if they do or not, because honestly
I don't watch TV that much anymore. YouTube videos... that's the entertainment that replaced TV for me lol... though none
of the YouTube videos I watch are any of the garbage provided by the YouTube "Trending" category. lol

Nowadays, there is a severe thunderstorm warning at the beginning of the Local on the 8's (0:32 on the video link below).  There is still the scroll at the bottom of the screen, but no more loud alarm sounds.  I like the alarm sound better because I associated it with approaching dangerous weather, and it gave the TWC more character.   I've also included a link for severe weather music used in more modern Local on the 8's.  Really intense and suspenseful music  :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXBFDotbndg&t=82s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywCadaYdw04

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #31 on: April 22, 2018, 09:08:22 PM » Author: suzukir122
 :P... wow the local on the 8's has became simplified and boring. It's almost like...
"Thunderstorm Warning? Ehh... lets just throw it up there and let people know."
Back in the day it use to be, "Thunderstorm Warning. Time to get serious. Brace yourself."
I don't expect as many people to take it as seriously with the crap that I just saw. (new local on the 8's)

The suspenseful music was good... I've never heard it before. There was another version of it from a while
ago that sounded even more suspenseful/scary. It indicated dangerous weather, but I can't find it.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #32 on: April 22, 2018, 09:20:01 PM » Author: CEB1993
:P... wow the local on the 8's has became simplified and boring. It's almost like...
"Thunderstorm Warning? Ehh... lets just throw it up there and let people know."
Back in the day it use to be, "Thunderstorm Warning. Time to get serious. Brace yourself."
I don't expect as many people to take it as seriously with the crap that I just saw. (new local on the 8's)

The suspenseful music was good... I've never heard it before. There was another version of it from a while
ago that sounded even more suspenseful/scary. It indicated dangerous weather, but I can't find it.

Here's the music used when a major hurricane was on the way, and close to making landfall.  Really awesome and immediately recognizable music.  I wish the Weather Channel still used this dramatic and suspenseful music and the loud sound effects to indicate dangerous weather.  Nowadays, it's more about entertainment and fancy, modern graphics instead of easy-to-understand and direct weather forecasts.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbxdyg5IvV0

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #33 on: April 22, 2018, 09:28:07 PM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, that one is a more familiar theme and definitely suspenseful and scary/attention getting...
but unfortunately that wasn't the theme either. I have a feeling it's gonna be very tough to find.
I think they might've played it around 2009, or maybe 2010 or 2011. I'm not sure lol

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #34 on: April 22, 2018, 10:03:42 PM » Author: CEB1993
@CEB1993, that one is a more familiar theme and definitely suspenseful and scary/attention getting...
but unfortunately that wasn't the theme either. I have a feeling it's gonna be very tough to find.
I think they might've played it around 2009, or maybe 2010 or 2011. I'm not sure lol

Check out MrDaniel789 on YouTube.  This channel has the most comprehensive and well-organized sets of videos of old Local on the 8's music that I've seen so far.  Each month of each year is organized into a playlist.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:07:04 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Stop the lamp bans!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #35 on: April 22, 2018, 10:05:29 PM » Author: Cole D.
I heard that first theme a lot last summer when we had the hurricane coming.

I think I must have posted that link from my Creator Studio page, hence why it didn't work
Here's the link I intended to give:
https://youtu.be/nJTESY-ZqbE

Plus I agree the new Local on the 8s is rather boring as far as the graphics go. It doesn't give as much info as the older versions did either. And what's really annoying is certain times of the day plus at night they don't even do a real full screen Local on the 8s. They call it that, but it's just a condensed section at the bottom of the screens with the current temp and conditions and the forecast for the next day or two. The rest of the screen is showing whatever program is currently on.

They recently took off the WeatherScan channel from our cable, which was much nicer than Local on the 8s because it was on 24/7. But The Weather Channel seems to be discontinuing it from most providers.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #36 on: April 22, 2018, 10:13:04 PM » Author: CEB1993

[/quote

High of 75, that song rocks  ;D  That's a perfect song for a weather forecast.  September 10, that's really close to my birthday  :)

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #37 on: June 12, 2018, 12:42:44 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here's that Head On commercial that was on the Weather Channel just about every time before the Local on the 8's.

Head on apply directly to the forehead, head on apply directly to the forehead!  Hahaha, takes me back  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is3icfcbmbs

Stop the lamp bans!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #38 on: June 13, 2018, 06:21:45 PM » Author: Cole D.
I remember that commercial, plus Easy Off BAM! Both memorable commercials, around 2006 or so I think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr1fDOzLkAo
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:24:27 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 09:53:31 PM » Author: CEB1993
I remember that commercial, plus Easy Off BAM! Both memorable commercials, around 2006 or so I think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr1fDOzLkAo

Wow, I forgot about that commercial!  That's one that will get stuck in your head haha!  ;D  I liked your Local on the 8's video on YouTube with the Relient K song, High of 75!  That song rocks  :)  I really miss the catchy music, personality, and better graphics The Weather Channel used to have. 

Stop the lamp bans!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #40 on: June 21, 2018, 12:34:56 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
In Canada we have The Weather Network. Locals forecasts every 10 minutes on the 10s. Like yours, it has changed graphics and music and even the layout for the forecasts over the years. I preferred the older style. Nowadays it is blah. If you haven't seen TWN before , look on youtube.

Administrator #5

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #41 on: June 21, 2018, 06:32:42 PM » Author: Cole D.
Oh yeah, I've seen The Weather Network on Youtube.

These are my favorite TWN forecasts on there. I like the music in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fip3KweL4AY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdfxCBKhHEk

Our Weather Channel is rather boring these days. Sometimes on the weekend I watch the morning edition on it. But otherwise I don't use it that often, because the Local on the 8s is rather unreliable as far as when it shows. Sometimes it will show the actual full screen one, but sometimes its just a minimized version at the bottom of the screen. Plus our cable company took off the Weatherscan channel, which was kind of a 24/7 Local on the 8s with radar. Very annoying that it's gone. At least I can use my simulator whenever I want though.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #42 on: June 21, 2018, 06:34:07 PM » Author: Cole D.
Wow, I forgot about that commercial!  That's one that will get stuck in your head haha!  ;D  I liked your Local on the 8's video on YouTube with the Relient K song, High of 75!  That song rocks  :)  I really miss the catchy music, personality, and better graphics The Weather Channel used to have. 

Yeah that Bam song kept playing in my mind all day after I posted this. ha ha
I don't know if that High of 75 song was ever on the Weather Channel, but I agree it would fit very well.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #43 on: July 13, 2018, 03:44:33 PM » Author: CEB1993
After going through some videos of old Local on the 8's and finding out more about the familiar music, here are my favorite artists and albums thus far from the Weather Channel:

Ryan Farish- From the Sky, Life in Stereo, Transcontinental

Fred Gross- Georgia Peach

Dave Brubeck- Dave Brubeck's Greatest Hits

I like most of the songs on From the Sky, and they're instantly recognizable from TWC back in the day.  Life in Stereo and Transcontinental are newer Ryan Farish albums and they sound really cool!  Fred Gross' Georgia Peach album is like a more chill version of Allman Brothers with instrumental Southern rock.  Dave Brubeck's Take 5 was featured on TWC, and his music is amazing!  Timeless classic jazz music from Brebeck's greatest hits album. 

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: The Weather Channel, Nostalgia About Music and Graphics « Reply #44 on: July 13, 2018, 10:47:15 PM » Author: suzukir122
Right now, for me regarding The Weather Channel's older music, Ryan Farish is in the spotlight. There was a song
that he made that I heard on TWC that I still can't find. It was very, very intense and it sounded amazing. The melody
is played out in my head, but I don't know the name of the song.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies