Author Topic: LED Color Deterioration In Some Streetlights  (Read 2539 times)
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

LED Color Deterioration In Some Streetlights « on: March 19, 2018, 02:48:54 AM » Author: High Intensity
I'm starting to notice some LED streetlights in my area are going from a bright white (about 4000k or so) to a greenish white (about the same color as  a clear MV lamp, if not, worse) and i'm wondering why. My only guess as of yet is phosphors deteriorating in some of the LEDs.
Also, this does not appear to be happening in all of the LED streetlights i've seen, for example the Leotek LED streetlights around were i live are still put off the same color light as they did 2 or 3 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:38:12 AM by High Intensity » Logged
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED Color Deterioration In Some Streetlights « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 05:46:35 PM » Author: Michael
Yes I noticed the same on canopy lights at a petrol station. Here the LED installation dates back to 2011. Not only the phoshor degrades but also the lenses tend to yellow after a couple of 1000 hours.
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED Color Deterioration In Some Streetlights « Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 12:49:58 AM » Author: tolivac
Not just me seeing this change-the LED parking lot lights at the new WalMart in Greenville are doing this change from blue-white-to green white.GE Evolve.Sort of like this better than the Blue white-what color change will be next?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: LED Color Deterioration In Some Streetlights « Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 06:29:25 AM » Author: dor123
I've seen here LED lanterns with a greenish color similar to mercury lamps, but I think that they were such to begin with: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-127610

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: LED Color Deterioration In Some Streetlights « Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 10:28:19 PM » Author: 589
I've seen some gas stations where the LEDs have turned a greenish yellow.

:lps:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: LED Color Deterioration In Some Streetlights « Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 10:30:18 PM » Author: dor123
Here are another LED fixtures that are greened out to begin with: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-144366

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: LED Color Deterioration In Some Streetlights « Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 11:34:23 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I seen that too, by a near by Shell gas station. I think its the heat that deteriorates the phosphors.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: LED Color Deterioration In Some Streetlights « Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 06:53:25 PM » Author: BT25
I'm starting to notice some LED streetlights in my area are going from a bright white (about 4000k or so) to a greenish white (about the same color as  a clear MV lamp, if not, worse) and i'm wondering why. My only guess as of yet is phosphors deteriorating in some of the LEDs.
Also, this does not appear to be happening in all of the LED streetlights i've seen, for example the Leotek LED streetlights around were i live are still put off the same color light as they did 2 or 3 years ago.

From what I've heard, the problem is that the phosphor separates from the blue LED and will give off a funky color. Some become blue while others become yellow. (There's some BetaLED cobra-heads near me that were installed in 2009 doing this.)

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED Color Deterioration In Some Streetlights « Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 07:29:02 PM » Author: High Intensity
Most of the streetlights i've seen changing color are those BetaLED streetlights.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 11:49:19 AM by High Intensity » Logged
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED Color Deterioration In Some Streetlights « Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 08:37:36 PM » Author: takemorepills
The Winco near my home has yellow-green LED lighting in the parking lot, it has been that color since new a few years back, hasn't become worse. And they are damn bright! I was thinking they were over-driven, but they seem consistent a few years later.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies