Author Topic: 4000w MH, yes thats not a typo  (Read 2467 times)

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

4000w MH, yes thats not a typo « on: April 03, 2018, 12:57:09 AM » Author: 589
Soooo I have been doing the 'ol jazz hands routine on the gargler (see AvE) and found this:

http://www.oyatelite.com/fishing-metal-halide-lamps/above-water-vessel-fishing-metal-halide-lamps/above-water-high-luminous-3000w-4000w-boat.html

I never knew something like this existed, I must have one! The durn thing is almost 2' tall! I am in contact with them now to see how much a full system would cost, I have already had one correspondence with them and needed to clear a few things up. Will post if it goes anywhere.

I've seen plenty of them on alibaba, but I really don't know how that all works so I don't want to mess with it. If anyone knows of a legitimate supplier I'm all ears. What do y'all think?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 12:58:46 AM by 589 » Logged

:lps:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: 4000w MH, yes thats not a typo « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 12:11:17 PM » Author: 589
So I heard back... theres certainly a translation disconnect, but heres the text of the email:

good day
Pls noted below:
1)see attached the quotations list with complete set.it is Fob Ningbo Price.we are located in Ningbo city,China
2)Dear,in fact,we can not sell only 1pcs,but if for test quality it is ok,.
3)see attached more photo for the gear box for check.

the price based on very good quality.
if you have any doubts,pls contact with me.

The price is just under $600. That doesn't sound unreasonable, just expensive. I also don't think that includes shipping. Ill do another post with the rest of the pics I have gathered. I'm not really sure what they mean by they can't sell one piece but for testing its ok. Whats the difference? Not sure what "Fob Ningbo" price means either.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 12:20:56 PM by 589 » Logged

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: 4000w MH, yes thats not a typo « Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 12:17:20 PM » Author: 589
Heres the rest:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: 4000w MH, yes thats not a typo « Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 03:48:03 PM » Author: AngryHorse
What an awesome thing this would be for any collection, those squid boats must have some beefy, kick ass generators on board to light all these! :o, they don`t half look cool at night though......

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

BlueHalide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 4000w MH, yes thats not a typo « Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 11:40:17 PM » Author: BlueHalide
Squid boat lamps, these are thallium metal halide lamps which emit a deep saturated green color, which is apparently the wavelength most sensitive to squid's eyes. The squid, mistaking the intense light for sunlight swim up to the surface to feed. I have seen a 4500w lamp made by KOTO (link below) in person at an electrical/lighting trade show, and it was truly huge.

They also make a 9Kw version for immersion use under the boat  http://www.koto-jp.com/en/product-item/product-item-004.html

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: 4000w MH, yes thats not a typo « Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 01:48:00 AM » Author: 589
They are also making the 4000w lamps in cool and warm white.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 4000w MH, yes thats not a typo « Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 10:19:40 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
FOB stands for Freight On Board. FOB Ningbo means the seller is responsible for transporting the items to the Chinese Ningbo port and the costs associated with loading the items. The buyer is then responsible for paying the cost of the ocean freight, insurance, unloading, and transportation of the item from the arrival port to the final destination.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies