Author Topic: Video games  (Read 3073 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Video games « on: April 08, 2018, 09:58:13 AM » Author: Cole D.
Does anyone here collect video games? I have quite a few but it wasn't really intended to be a collection but turned out to be since I have all the ones since I was a kid.

Here's what I have:
NES
Original console, controllers, light guns, probably 30 games, plus the NES 2 that came out just before they stopped making NES games.
The original was my first console as a kid, I played Super Mario and Duck Hunt on it was the first game.

SNES
Original console, one controller but no games for this

GameBoy
GameBoy Original and GameBoy Pocket (green) and 2 games

Playstation
Original console, controller and probably 30 games
This was my second console I got for Christmas in the late 1990s and played probably into the mid 2000s.

Wii
Original console black, Wiimote and nunchuck and a few games.
I mostly played Wii games at my friend's house so I didn't get many games for mine, plus I got it used at GameStop because I liked the older design with the GameCube support better than the current one at the time. I think the Wii was an awesome console design and my second favorite after the NES.

Atari
Atari 2600 four switch, several joysticks, probably 20 games. This was an eBay purchase, I never saw these as a kid.
Atari 400 computer/game console. This was a thrift store find, it came with a few joysticks, but only the Atari Basic cartridge
Atari Flashback 2 - this was a Christmas present in 2005, it has the games built in and two joysticks, plus the old joysticks will fit too

I probably won't acquire any more consoles, as the old ones are rare to find now. However, I do still pick up Wii games if I see them cheap. I just saw a white Wii at Goodwill last night for $7.99.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Video games « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 12:29:38 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I only own like two games for the Xbox Original, Mercenaries Playground of Destruction and Rally Sport Challenge.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Video games « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 01:59:01 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Me and my youngest daughter are big gamers in our house, between us we must have 10 games for Playstation 1, 25 for PS2, over 50 for x-box 360, and going on 10 or so for x-box one! ::)
Playing `Sniper Ghost Warrior 3` at the minute!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Video games « Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 01:59:07 PM » Author: Rommie
They've never interested me, but Sammi plays a Tiger Woods PGA golf game on her PS3.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Video games « Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 02:16:36 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Both me and the wife started with Crash Bandicoot, on the PS1, (before we had kids)! ;D, but we were not hardened gamers in any way.
I got hooked big time when I played the first Tomb Raider, (although I was a year late with it back in 1997), that was it for me then, I became a hardened Lara fan!, I was talking to my sister when I went to visit her last weekend, how Toby Gard, (the father/creator of Lara Croft), little idea has now become a global icon!

Not forgetting Core Design too, that tiny studio in Derby UK, that started it all off with just a handful of programmers and artistes!, making one of the best games that ever came out 8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video games « Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 03:55:43 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I do the PC flight simulator stuff.  Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  Prior to that it was Combat Flight Simulator. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Video games « Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 12:47:25 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Oh i do occasionally Play minecraft on PC... And I used to play World of tanks (when I was running windows) I would like to get back into world of tanks someday... Hopefully they have not ruined it...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video games « Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:57:23 AM » Author: tolivac
Video games really don't intest me-but played with a neighbors PlayStation one time-played the bowling and skiing games-this had the controllers you held and moved  like you were bowling.Was kinda neat.and I have seen video game machines and games at some yard sales.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Video games « Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 02:29:01 AM » Author: dor123
DOS (Through DOSBox): Commander Keen 4-6, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures Episode 1-3, Jazz Jackrabbit, Zool and Zool 2 and Lemmings.
Windows: Lemmings 95, Jazz Jackrabbit 2.
Genesis (Through Gens emulator): Mainly ROM hacks of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and 3&K: Sonic 2 Heroes , Sonic Classic Heroes and Sonic 3 Complete and not the original Sonic games for the Genesis.
Playstation (Through ePSXe emulator): The Adventures of Lomax.
PSP (Through PPSSPP emulator): Lemmings.

I also recently began playing again (Since the beginning of the current decade), at Super Mario bros. 1 and 2 and their counterparts at Super Mario All-Stars, on NES and SNES emulators, but they are much harder than most of the games I mentioned (Mainly compared to equivalent PC platformers such as Commander Keen and Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Video games « Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 06:59:08 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Only one console and one game only
Forza 6 on Xbox 1
And any upcoming forzas

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Video games « Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 03:14:02 PM » Author: suzukir122
I don't collect them... but if things finally begin to get better over here financially, I will
begin to do so. A lot of my collection will consist of N64 games and Sega Genesis games.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Video games « Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 01:46:26 AM » Author: joseph_125
I have a small collection of them but mostly it's because I kept all of my games from when I was a kid. I do still buy games from time to time though.

Consoles:
N64
Gamecube
GBA SP
NDS Lite
Wii
Xbox 360
3DS
PS4
WiiU
Switch

I also have a fairly decent PC too but I don't really play a lot of modern demanding titles on it.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Video games « Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 05:47:11 PM » Author: Cole D.
Me, too well most of my video games came from as a kid, and I never got rid of any. But I'd like to get a Nintendo DS too, as I used to play with my friends on theirs. But I'd probably never use it.

I have a gaming PC, also, but I don't play games anymore. I used to play World of Tanks and some other things, but nothing really heavy with graphics. I mostly just wanted it because I wanted to have something that wouldn't get obsolete so quickly, and could run multiple things at once. My old one couldn't run multiple tabs very well at all.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 05:49:20 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video games « Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 06:42:18 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Me, too well most of my video games came from as a kid, and I never got rid of any. But I'd like to get a Nintendo DS too, as I used to play with my friends on theirs. But I'd probably never use it.

I have a gaming PC, also, but I don't play games anymore. I used to play World of Tanks and some other things, but nothing really heavy with graphics. I mostly just wanted it because I wanted to have something that wouldn't get obsolete so quickly, and could run multiple things at once. My old one couldn't run multiple tabs very well at all.

Oooo... World Of Tanks... Loved that game, I have over 9600 battles... Now I can't cause I'm running linux.. and when I try to install windows it gives errors... Oh well... perhaps it is just the sign I needed to lay off the games.

Literally the only reason I want windows is so I can play World of tanks without fighting with it... I've ran it once on linux ... but it sucks when it updates cause it breaks.

I would like to play My beloved M5 Stuart again   :( and My E25....

~Owen

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies