Author Topic: Hello from the UK!!  (Read 1281 times)
d3anio97

View Gallery

Enginerding bright things since 2011

ATL TheSOXMania
Hello from the UK!! « on: April 07, 2018, 05:49:52 AM » Author: d3anio97
Hi all! Glad my account got approved (Thanks for the help, Patrick Smiley )

The nick's deanio although I go by TSM (TheSOXMania) on ATL. I mainly specialize in gas discharge lamps, lanterns (especially vintage sodium lanterns) and I'm also in the middle of restoring one. I'll have a post regarding that coming in a few minutes!!

The attached photo is of that project. it's an AEI Amber minor (better known as a Thorn Beta 5 since Thorn bought the design in the late 1960s). I've put a fair amount of work into the canopy so far but it still needs a few things.

Here's my ATL profile: http://www.allthingslighting.co.uk/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=934

What if I told you you could save 100% of your street lighting budget? Don't believe me? Buy an LED street light and run it for a week. the results will leave you in awe. (Aaaaaaand maybe wondering why you swapped that 70w SON)

MissRiaElaine
Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 06:46:46 AM » Author: MissRiaElaine
Hi, welcome to this madhouse as well Cheesy
F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Alex//I love both Iceland and CO

https://www.facebook.com/ DJ_Unrealeased UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w Jack_u_aliens
Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 10:53:41 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Welcome to the site
It's really cool to see members pop up like this out of nowhere!
Also from around the world

Fluorescent Lamp T12/T17 Fluorescent Lamp
Snapchat: EvanT12/Dj I.D. I can conduct 120VAC
High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium
etta er Mackenzie ea F96 GF, g elska lsingu og mun skjta upp LG sem Kenzie
Check out my Socials

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 08:13:44 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Welcome to LG!

--Owen

High Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps (Duh lol) Cool High Pressure Sodium

High Pressure Sodium Sodium lighting is king!

rjluna2

View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 05:26:34 AM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard, d3anio97 Smiley

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 05:50:44 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Welcome to the group!
Miss Cuddly
Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 05:57:28 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Hi, welcome to this madhouse as well Cheesy
You'll fit in well with us lot, I'm Ria's other half.
MissRiaElaine
Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 06:58:31 PM » Author: MissRiaElaine
Always nice to see fellow members from the UK. its not a common hobby, at all.
There seem to be a fair few of us on here, not many in Scotland, though  Undecided
d3anio97

View Gallery

ATL TheSOXMania
Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 08:21:31 PM » Author: d3anio97
Always nice to see fellow members from the UK. its not a common hobby, at all.
Certainly surprised me just how few people are interested in lighting / lamp collecting. I'm more on the side of interested but not strictly a collector. I like tooling around with concepts and building random prototypes... One of which was to take mains rated CMH lamps and stick them on automotive XMH ballasts. The results of that experiment and what followed it are in this gallery:

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=4887

What if I told you you could save 100% of your street lighting budget? Don't believe me? Buy an LED street light and run it for a week. the results will leave you in awe. (Aaaaaaand maybe wondering why you swapped that 70w SON)

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 08:36:02 PM » Author: CEB1993
Welcome to LG, d3anio97  Smiley  My name is Camden, I am from South Carolina, and my main interests are new old stock incandescent lamps, and high performance halogen lamps.  I did recently expand my horizons and get my own 55 watt Philips SOX lamp up and running.  SOX are beautiful lamps and it's so great to see members like you who have pictures and know more about them than me, since SOX are really rare here in the USA.  I look forward to getting to know you and seeing your posts  Smiley

Cheers!  Incandescent Lamp

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

d3anio97

View Gallery

ATL TheSOXMania
Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 09:06:53 PM » Author: d3anio97
Welcome to LG, d3anio97  Smiley  My name is Camden, I am from South Carolina, and my main interests are new old stock incandescent lamps, and high performance halogen lamps.  I did recently expand my horizons and get my own 55 watt Philips SOX lamp up and running.  SOX are beautiful lamps and it's so great to see members like you who have pictures and know more about them than me, since SOX are really rare here in the USA.  I look forward to getting to know you and seeing your posts  Smiley

Cheers!  Incandescent Lamp
Yeah, It's too bad they're being phased out in "favor" of LED (more like the civil enginerds got duped into using lower wattage, lower efficacy LED fixtures where a higher wattage would actually be needed!!)... shows you what they know... LED street lighting: The paragon of low wattages... and even lower lumen counts!

View Gallery

Knight of the D-line streetlights

Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 08:25:50 PM » Author: 589
Welcome to LG! A friend of SOX is a friend of mine!

Low Pressure Sodium

d3anio97

View Gallery

ATL TheSOXMania
Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 08:41:41 PM » Author: d3anio97
Welcome to LG! A friend of SOX is a friend of mine!
Absofreakinglutely!!!  Low Pressure SodiumLow Pressure SodiumLow Pressure Sodium

MissRiaElaine
Re: Hello from the UK!! « Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 09:22:30 AM » Author: MissRiaElaine
Absofreakinglutely!!!  Low Pressure SodiumLow Pressure SodiumLow Pressure Sodium
I'll second that  Grin
Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines