Author Topic: What Engine sound(s) do you like?  (Read 11017 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #30 on: April 13, 2018, 11:59:06 PM » Author: suzukir122
My bike (motorcycle) has a custom exhaust from the company "SP Engineering..." supposed moto-GP exhaust.
The bike can rev up to 16,000 RPM, and can do about 60mph in first gear, I think.
6 gears total.
The sound from the bike... changes my day completely. Every time. Now, I would describe the sound but I don't think I'd
be successful or even happy with my description of it.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #31 on: April 14, 2018, 03:24:44 AM » Author: ace100w120v
I don't know if I prefer them over others, but here are a few that I grew up with and find familiar!

-Detroit Diesel 6-71
-Detroit Diesel 8-71
-Isuzu 3 or 4 cylinder diesel gen sets
-4-cylinder Lugger/Northern Lights gen sets (smooth hum)
-Honda EU2000i or EU3000i gen sets
-855/NHC250 Cummins diesel
6CTA 8.3 Cummins diesel
-Hercules/White LDS/LDT multifuel (think 50 year old Army 'Deuce and a Half')

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #32 on: April 24, 2018, 08:04:10 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've always liked the energetic snarl of BMW's inline 6 engines (8:25 to 8:55 in the video link below).  If it were not for the constant reliability problems and expensive maintenance, I would love having a BMW M3  ;D  This is one car that I would enjoy revving and pushing hard just for the fun of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS8VLg3svAs

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #33 on: April 24, 2018, 08:23:54 PM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, haha... I totally understand and I agree with you. That car sounds nice, even with a stock exhaust.
Not bad, not bad. Actually, at my former job, the assistant supervisor had a BMW M3 with a custom exhaust. That
sounded really nice, and I could tell that car was no joke compared to the crap cars my neighbors have.
That is one car worth revving/pushing.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #34 on: April 27, 2018, 02:57:35 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
My car may have a 4 cylinder engine (2.5L) however it does produce quite a deep exhaust note although not loud when under load about 2500-3500RPM when you are accelerating uphill or merging onto a road with a high speed limit.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #35 on: April 27, 2018, 03:34:05 AM » Author: suzukir122
Both my car and my bike are 4 cylinders... my car has a 2.4 ecotec engine... pontiac G6. Of the two, my
bike sounds much, much better since it has a custom exhaust. It also has a deeper exhaust note than my car.
My bike is also much louder when going uphill... and has enough power to push me back easily if I give it
too much throttle, even at 8,000RPM. That's an understatement.

Interests:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #36 on: April 27, 2018, 06:50:56 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
What I forgot to mention was the my Honda Civic engine also has twin turbos

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #37 on: April 27, 2018, 06:54:07 AM » Author: suzukir122
@F96T12 DD VHO, What year is your Honda Civic?

Interests:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #38 on: April 27, 2018, 07:26:05 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
95 hatchback
That’s what the owner told me but I’m really thinking it’s 97’

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #39 on: April 27, 2018, 07:33:52 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
It should tell you on your VIN plate and registration documents. The VIN plate has the VIN on it which is the car's serial number and should have the month and year of manufacture.
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #40 on: April 27, 2018, 07:37:08 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Ok thanks
It’s a 95 Civic Hatchback

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #41 on: April 27, 2018, 07:43:14 AM » Author: suzukir122
That's not a bad car... not sure if it's fast or not though. I'd have to see yours on video.

Interests:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #42 on: April 27, 2018, 03:19:01 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
For me it has to be a V block engine, each has its own characteristics but they all sound wonderful. ;D

And I'm counting the W block engines as well, 'cos that's two V blocks for the price of one... :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #43 on: May 14, 2018, 10:08:27 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've always loved the sound of a Honda engine starting up with the 3-syllable ignition sound.  The VTEC engine, seen in the Honda S2000 sounds amazing, and is tons of fun to drive with and listen to!  Check out the video here for a ride in the S2000 and the sweet sound of that VTEC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ2QJqHvJDg

I'm also getting used to the sound of Subaru's 4-cylinder boxer engine, which will likely be in my new car.  Check out 0:55 for the 2.5L Subaru boxer engine starting up and running:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szacV1GwX9g&t=650s

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #44 on: May 14, 2018, 10:45:26 PM » Author: suzukir122
Ahh, with the first video... is that a Go-Pro camera capturing everything? Smooth 60fps videos... definitely satisfying to
see. Not a bad car either, seems pretty fast as well. I agree with you regarding the sound of it.
But the second video, apparently I've already watched before. Have you posted a link to that video before? The video
started half-way, as if I've watched it half-way before

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies