Author Topic: [WANTED] AEI Amber Minor OR Mk no. 15 thorn Beta Five refractor  (Read 2242 times)
d3anio97

View Posts
View Gallery

Enginerding bright things since 2011

ATL TheSOXMania
[WANTED] AEI Amber Minor OR Mk no. 15 thorn Beta Five refractor « on: April 10, 2018, 01:37:19 PM » Author: d3anio97
posted in TLR and ATL and I'm fairly sure some of you who follow the priject at the moment are aware, but I'm after a lens for a restoration in progress. I have a '65 AEI industries Amber Minor canopy and gear tray that I'm in the middle of restoring. the design and layout of the canopy is similar if not identical to the fat Beta 5 (< 1985) being that it's the same platform (Thorn bought the design in the early 60s and co-sold it with AEI for a while before updating the design with a new refractor before slimming it down in the mid 1980s).

If you have one spare, please let me know... I contacted a vacuum former which has a contract to make them but never got a reply, and tracking one down is proving pretty difficult so far.

What if I told you you could save 100% of your street lighting budget? Don't believe me? Buy an LED street light and run it for a week. the results will leave you in awe. (Aaaaaaand maybe wondering why you swapped that 70w SON)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: [WANTED] AEI Amber Minor OR Mk no. 15 thorn Beta Five refractor « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 02:05:27 PM » Author: Rommie

If you have one spare, please let me know... I contacted a vacuum former which has a contract to make them but never got a reply, and tracking one down is proving pretty difficult so far.
I have a spare bowl for a Beta 5, but it's the shallow type. If it will suit, you're welcome to it, please let me know.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

d3anio97

View Posts
View Gallery

ATL TheSOXMania
Re: [WANTED] AEI Amber Minor OR Mk no. 15 thorn Beta Five refractor « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 02:28:16 PM » Author: d3anio97
I have a spare bowl for a Beta 5, but it's the shallow type. If it will suit, you're welcome to it, please let me know.
I have my doubts as to if it will being that the gear tray's not recesseed into the canopy... might be worth a try... I'll do a little researh on the matter beforehand though... if will work I'll let you know.

What if I told you you could save 100% of your street lighting budget? Don't believe me? Buy an LED street light and run it for a week. the results will leave you in awe. (Aaaaaaand maybe wondering why you swapped that 70w SON)

d3anio97

View Posts
View Gallery

ATL TheSOXMania
Re: [WANTED] AEI Amber Minor OR Mk no. 15 thorn Beta Five refractor « Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 02:42:43 PM » Author: d3anio97
update: Turns out the gear tray on slimline beta 5s is recessed into the canopy to allow for the slimmer profile. it won't work for my fixture as the lamp socket would be too low in the bowl. Thanks a lot for the offer though!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: [WANTED] AEI Amber Minor OR Mk no. 15 thorn Beta Five refractor « Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 02:44:12 PM » Author: Rommie

update: Turns out the gear tray on slimline beta 5s is recessed into the canopy to allow for the slimmer profile. it won't work for my fixture as the lamp socket would be too low in the bowl. Thanks a lot for the offer though!!
Ok, well it's still here, if it's of use to anyone else, let me know.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies