Author Topic: When do you go to bed/get up?  (Read 4434 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 08:06:34 PM » Author: Rommie
Usually lately I don't wake up during the night at all. My favorite is when I wake up on Saturday and think it's still Friday but then I realize it's Saturday, so I get up, go to the bathroom and then go back to bed. But lately, it has been waking up on Monday and thinking it's still Sunday but then realizing I have to get up.
One of the benefits of being retired is I can get up and go to bed when I feel like it whatever day of the week it is :D :P

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 10:14:35 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: F96T12 DD VHO
That is now used as an alarm for me, after making a street light like style pole out of PVC piping, it now hangs right over where I sleep just about 5 inches from my face.
If I had a setup like that, the thing would end up flying across the room .lol.
Not even on purpose or from it turning on ... just a simple matter of it being way too close & me moving around.

Maybe I should get some HO 48" tubes and put them in, that will tick her off the most!
Unless you changed out the ballast, it'd still be the exact same brightness as with the F40's (ie: around 25w/lamp)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 02:54:21 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
It varies a lot for me, it depends on if I'm working or not. I go to bed at 1AM at the very latest and get up about 9-10AM at the latest or 7AM on a work day.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 06:08:52 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
If I had one I would but my girlfriend would kill me
She hates any lamp over 500W Especially HID
IDK why though

Sensitivity to bright light is what immediately springs to mind.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #19 on: April 29, 2018, 11:16:57 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I hate white light at night.... I think I've made this clear in the past... I have a saying "It rapes the retinas"... slightly inappropriate.. but most people I know, know how I speak, and are used to it.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 11:18:11 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
If I had one I would but my girlfriend would kill me
She hates any lamp over 500W Especially HID
IDK why though

Twas a joke... I'd not do that... unless you want to get slapped... or yelled at.. lol

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #21 on: April 30, 2018, 10:23:41 PM » Author: CEB1993
My high performance halogen lamps (especially my Philips IODE 1000 watt halogen) would be a rude awakening if I rigged them up on a timer to wake me up.  I would probably be so startled, that I would fall out of bed  :o  If my alarm clock isn't set, then I usually wake up automatically at about 6:30 a.m. every day anyway.  I prefer coffee and a gentle sunrise to help me wake up  ;D

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 01:24:54 AM » Author: Medved
This just reminds me of one joke (imagine 10AM at work...):

Getting up: 6:30AM
Waking up: 11:00AM

No more selfballasted c***

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 04:56:02 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Twas a joke... I'd not do that... unless you want to get slapped... or yelled at.. lol
Not a joke because I actually did it but with lots of HPS lamps Read the Thread named "What did you do lighting wise today?" for more info

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies