Author Topic: Anyone fancy a new car?  (Read 2078 times)
Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Anyone fancy a new car? « on: May 09, 2018, 01:36:18 PM » Author: Danny
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132603211190
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Anyone fancy a new car? « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 01:59:09 PM » Author: dor123
Looks like a hoax. A car that is driven by human using bicycle pedals...

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone fancy a new car? « Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 03:14:41 PM » Author: Rommie
I don't know, I might actually be able to afford to run one of these  :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone fancy a new car? « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 03:21:04 PM » Author: CEB1993
Yes  ;D In fact I'm looking for a new car right now.  After doing a lot of research, I'm set on buying a 2015 Subaru Outback due to its amazing reliability, standard 4-wheel drive, great gas mileage, and amazing amount of luxury features and electronics for the price.  Everyone who has an Outback who I've asked says they are excellent cars.  I never thought I would want an SUV, but things change.  I'll be driving up to New York state for graduate school, and I need a big car to haul all my stuff (i.e. lighting projects  ;)), be capable in the snow, and stay reliable on the long trip between SC and NY.  I would go with the 2.5L 4-cylinder "boxer" engine, and the Limited trim with Harman Kardon stereo and navigation.  The Outback looks beautiful in red, with a tan leather interior.  My favorite color would be red, though like most of the other colors too.

Some facts about the Subaru Outback:

The 4-wheel drive is constantly engaged for maximum safety and the best possible handling

The Subaru "boxer" engine has pistons that fire outwards horizontally, and do not work against gravity, thus reducing long-term engine wear

The Outback uses synthetic oil

There are steering activated fog lights that switch on when the wheel is turned left or right to illuminate curves in the road

Triple seals around the doors make the interior super-quiet and weather proof

Wish me luck as I find the perfect one  :)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone fancy a new car? « Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 03:40:14 PM » Author: Rommie
I would love a car again, but with our low income we just can't afford the running costs  :(

We don't actually need one living where we do as we're very central and the bus service is very good. We can always hire a car if we need to go further afield.

If I had the money though, I'd go for one of these hydrogen fuel cell cars. I've driven one and they're brilliant. Expensive, but in my opinion far better than pure electric. Only problem at the moment apart from the cost is the lack of refuelling stations, but that will change in time.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:32:02 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Anyone fancy a new car? « Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 07:44:39 AM » Author: Lumex120
I'm all for eliminating fossil fuels from use, and something like this would be really cool. It probably would only work with 4 people though. Not to mention that you give up lots of the benefits of a regular car such as speed, air conditioning, and a killer sound system. :P

Unofficial LG Discord

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Anyone fancy a new car? « Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 08:04:03 AM » Author: 589
To date, nobody has been able to produce a drivetrain as cost-effective, convenient, and durable as the internal combustion engine for mass production automobiles. Case and point being my 20+ year old Jeep and Honda with 200k+ miles with their original drivetrain that has not had any major work done. They also don't leak either. When it finally doesn't cost my wallet or my convenience more to use another drivetrain type, I'll switch.

That said, at this time I would love a Nissan Versa. It's cheap, simple, and reliable. It doesn't have all the whiz-bang electronics all over it to break and become outdated that almost all cars have now. Also has a huge boot/trunk and interior that is great for tall people. It drives pretty good and gets 40mpg. When it needs maintenance or repair it won't cost much money for parts and everything looks easy to get at. If I could afford it I'd buy two, one for my wife and one for me.

:lps:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone fancy a new car? « Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 11:09:18 AM » Author: Rommie
I'm all for eliminating fossil fuels from use, and something like this would be really cool. It probably would only work with 4 people though. Not to mention that you give up lots of the benefits of a regular car such as speed, air conditioning, and a killer sound system. :P
You'd be surprised. This car has excellent acceleration, as do all cars which are electrically driven. Ok so the top speed isn't grear (100mph) but if I try and travel at that speed in the UK I'd get pulled by the cops. I'm not a speed freak. It does have aircon, who told you it didn't..? Sound system..? I rarely listen to music whilst driving, I prefer to concentrate on the road (seriously).

Finally, capacity for 4 people is ok, there are only two of us.

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone fancy a new car? « Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 01:51:11 AM » Author: takemorepills
Yes  ;D In fact I'm looking for a new car right now.  After doing a lot of research, I'm set on buying a 2015 Subaru Outback due to its amazing reliability, standard 4-wheel drive, great gas mileage, and amazing amount of luxury features and electronics for the price.  Everyone who has an Outback who I've asked says they are excellent cars.  I never thought I would want an SUV, but things change.  I'll be driving up to New York state for graduate school, and I need a big car to haul all my stuff (i.e. lighting projects  ;)), be capable in the snow, and stay reliable on the long trip between SC and NY.  I would go with the 2.5L 4-cylinder "boxer" engine, and the Limited trim with Harman Kardon stereo and navigation.  The Outback looks beautiful in red, with a tan leather interior.  My favorite color would be red, though like most of the other colors too.

Some facts about the Subaru Outback:

The 4-wheel drive is constantly engaged for maximum safety and the best possible handling

The Subaru "boxer" engine has pistons that fire outwards horizontally, and do not work against gravity, thus reducing long-term engine wear

The Outback uses synthetic oil

There are steering activated fog lights that switch on when the wheel is turned left or right to illuminate curves in the road

Triple seals around the doors make the interior super-quiet and weather proof

Wish me luck as I find the perfect one  :)

My god I feel bad for your misguided ways.

We are a long-time Subaru family. We now hate them. Too many HG issues (FA and FB may not have this prob anymore, we'll see) lack of power, electrical issues, etc.

Our 92 Legacy was an OK car.

Our 07 Impreza went back under lemon law.

Our 08 Impreza lost a HG right before lease was up.

My wife's current 06 Saabaru 9-2x leaks oil (HG) AC compressor is noisy, sunroof stopped working, has rusting strut towers (we don't use salt in WA) interior is a rattly pile of crap, water leaks into the back hatch, etc.

I have convinced her to go Honda or Toyota next.

I personally bought a 2014 INFINIT Q60 AWD recently. The perfect anti-Subaru ultra-reliable and decently powerful machine. We do need AWD around here. Gonna put some DWS06's on the ol' girl. Bro, you need to re-consider. Subaru sucks. Take it from a long-time Japanese car fan and former ASE tech, Subaru is just one notch above Mitsubishi as almost the worst Japanese car you can buy.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone fancy a new car? « Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 09:43:50 AM » Author: CEB1993
My god I feel bad for your misguided ways.

We are a long-time Subaru family. We now hate them. Too many HG issues (FA and FB may not have this prob anymore, we'll see) lack of power, electrical issues, etc.

Our 92 Legacy was an OK car.

Our 07 Impreza went back under lemon law.

Our 08 Impreza lost a HG right before lease was up.

My wife's current 06 Saabaru 9-2x leaks oil (HG) AC compressor is noisy, sunroof stopped working, has rusting strut towers (we don't use salt in WA) interior is a rattly pile of crap, water leaks into the back hatch, etc.

I have convinced her to go Honda or Toyota next.

I personally bought a 2014 INFINIT Q60 AWD recently. The perfect anti-Subaru ultra-reliable and decently powerful machine. We do need AWD around here. Gonna put some DWS06's on the ol' girl. Bro, you need to re-consider. Subaru sucks. Take it from a long-time Japanese car fan and former ASE tech, Subaru is just one notch above Mitsubishi as almost the worst Japanese car you can buy.

Hey takemorepills, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with your past Subarus.  I'm going for a newer model (2015) that might have improved since the previous generations.  However, the rusted struts is worrisome to me, because I will be driving it in a snowy climate in New York.  I've heard from others that the wheel bearings are notorious for breaking, too.  I'm certain that a new Subaru will be much better than my older VW Jetta that I'm amazed is still running. 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone fancy a new car? « Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 11:39:09 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I believe as of 2012 they got the head gasket issues resolved on the 2.5L. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Anyone fancy a new car? « Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 04:36:36 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
For a 2004 model mine was reliable engine-wise though I've heard of the head gasket issues. Mine went through wheel bearings more than tyres for some reason. I passed it to my father who doesn't drive often. I'm driving a 2007 Nissan X-Trail at the moment and it's fairly reliable and will be my daily car when I buy a pickup.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone fancy a new car? « Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 04:15:27 PM » Author: CEB1993
I’ve heard of head gasket issues in Subarus, too.  The Subaru Baja (small pickup truck) is the only Subaru I remember reading reviews of poor reliability on. One of my friends drives a 2015 Outback between Alabama and South Carolina on a regular basis, and the worst thing that’s happened to it is a cracked windshield from flying gravel. I’ve asked him about wheel bearings, and he hasn’t had any issues with those yet. 

I don’t know about the body integrity with Subarus, but I can imagine it’s pretty good with the right upkeep. I’ll certainly keep an eye out for rust on the struts due to road salts.

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies