Author Topic: Streetlights on your street?  (Read 5070 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 08:36:40 AM » Author: Cole D.
I see, well one of my neighbors has two HPS floods on a pole with photocells, I think GE. But they are never on any more since the current owners bought it. Another neighbor have an HPS bucket on a pole, but they disconnected it recently and put up two smaller HPS floods which are usually on from what I recall.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 10:07:55 AM » Author: xelareverse
It's all mv on my street. There's give or take 200 street lights in my neighborhood. Only 3 are HPS and   2 led.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 01:33:38 PM » Author: Rommie
It's all mv on my street. There's give or take 200 street lights in my neighborhood. Only 3 are HPS and   2 led.
2 LED's..? Oh dear, you're doomed, they'll breed, it's what happened around here, first there was one, then another, now we're overrun...  :P

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 02:21:21 PM » Author: funkybulb
There no public street lighting on my streets

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 03:57:41 PM » Author: Cole D.
2 LED's..? Oh dear, you're doomed, they'll breed, it's what happened around here, first there was one, then another, now we're overrun...  :P

Yeah, unfortunately once LED show up it means it's likely that any fixtures with bulbs that fail will be changed to LED, even if the fixture is still good. And definitely any new fixtures installed due to ballast failure or other damage will be replaced with LED.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 05:53:52 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
THe fixture outside my house is an M250 of some sort with a drop lens. IDK if it is R1 or R2 I'm not good at identifying cobras...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #21 on: May 12, 2018, 09:01:29 PM » Author: Lumex120
THe fixture outside my house is an M250 of some sort with a drop lens. IDK if it is R1 or R2 I'm not good at identifying cobras...
M250R1's have a few "lines" around the refractor, M250R2s are smooth.

Unofficial LG Discord

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #22 on: May 13, 2018, 02:50:47 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
M250R1's have a few "lines" around the refractor, M250R2s are smooth.

It's an R1...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Southoftheborderlights

View Posts
View Gallery

My Favorite Light Poles!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jose-alaniz-8b4744152/ Yojosay
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 04:02:38 AM » Author: Southoftheborderlights
My town has a policy on street lightning, 250 watt high pressure sodium, cobra type fixtures with 6’ extensions mounted on 35’ concrete standard.
The street light fixture for arterial roadways is to consist of 400 watt, high pressure sodium, cobra type fixture with 6’ to 14’ extension mounted on a 35’ concrete standard. If wood poles are present they may be utilized as long as height and spacing comply with standard. Alternating pole placement preferred. More or less you get the gist of what's going on, other than that the expressway's here now have LED lightning which is a good move and improvement for motorist, but I just really don't like the design... the verdneon looks like a shovel lol

Street light enthusiast since 1999
Jose A.

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #24 on: May 04, 2021, 12:32:33 PM » Author: thelightingman
The streetlights on my street are:
2 AEL 115's
1 AEL ATB0
1 Cooper streetlight (unsure of what model it is)
Yardlights:
1 American Electric R175M on a shed across the street from me
1 unknown MV yardblaster or NEMA on a neighbor's shed in their backyard
1 MV yardblaster from the early to mid 2000's that they probably got NOS or at the ReStore (replaced a cycling MV NEMA head which the owners still have that I want to inquire about getting)
2 MV NEMA heads on another house that have not been on in at least 10 years which I will be trying to save!
1 unused R175M missing it's refractor that has not been on in 10 years also that I want to get.

That's all I can think of, when I can find info on the unknown things, I will edit this post.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #25 on: May 04, 2021, 06:18:56 PM » Author: HPS_250
On my street, there are 3000K 31w GE Evolve ERL1 LEDs. There’s also an 82w 3000K GE ERLH LED at the entrance to the neighborhood. Everything in my neighborhood used to be HPS, until it was converted in October 2020. The ERL1s replaced 70w HPS M-250R2s, and the ERLH replaced a 200w HPS M-400.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Desultory13
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #26 on: May 04, 2021, 07:01:07 PM » Author: Desultory13
On the residential streets in my area it's all NEMA heads mostly GE 201SA, however there is still some AE series 11 that are still surviving.
They are all 70w HPS GE lamps with a handful of Philips still left in service.
It's rare to find cobraheads on neighborhood streets.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #27 on: May 04, 2021, 07:12:00 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I live on a dirt road, so there aren't any street lights on that road. There are a bunch of MV yardblasters and Evluma AreaMax's near Mr, though.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies