Author Topic: So... I ended up in an accident today  (Read 1869 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
So... I ended up in an accident today « on: May 04, 2018, 10:29:59 PM » Author: Lumex120
Well, my school bus got T-boned today by some idiot who blows through a stop sign. needless to say, I'm fine but can't say the same for someone else. I don't really know the details but I do know it was caused by someone running a stop sign (don't know who). All I can say is it's a good thing it was a smaller car, if it was bigger it could have ended up much worse.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 11:06:27 PM by Lumex120 » Logged

Unofficial LG Discord

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: So... I ended up in an accident today « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 11:27:37 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Hope you're ok.   :)

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: So... I ended up in an accident today « Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 11:37:56 PM » Author: Lumex120
Hope you're ok.   :)
Yea, I'm fine other than getting some nice bruises, but since I sometimes have anxiety issues this probably isn't going to help in the future.

Unofficial LG Discord

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: So... I ended up in an accident today « Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 12:50:35 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I suffer with anxiety in my life and I can be a little anxious about driving occasionally. I had one crash where another car ran a red light which was very scary, I was mentally shaken up for a while. To this day I still get nervous approaching the same traffic lights. With that crash I had some bruising and a headache from the airbags. I do a lot of driving and my job involves driving as well as the fact that I enjoy packing up my car and heading on road trips.
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: So... I ended up in an accident today « Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 07:44:48 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Smaller car... It probably ended well for you... but smaller cars tend to not fair well when crashing into bigger ones... I wonder how bad the person in the car is...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: So... I ended up in an accident today « Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 07:58:30 PM » Author: CEB1993
I'm really glad to hear you're okay aside from the bruises.  I hope you feel better soon  ;)

I totally agree about the "mental" injuries that can occur with any kind of accident such as this.  Thank goodness, I've never been a traffic accident, but I can imagine how terrifying is because how startling it is and how dangerous the outcomes can be.  The whole process of dealing with a car accident sounds like a nightmare to me.  I will say that my knife accident a little over a year ago that left both my best friend and me with serious cuts and several stitches each, did a good job of shaking me up mentally  :o  To this day, I have never looked at a butcher block of kitchen knives the same way after the seriously traumatizing experience  :-[

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: So... I ended up in an accident today « Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 08:14:47 PM » Author: Rommie
I was in a traffic accident once, about 20 years or so ago. I was cycling home from work and the next thing I know I'm waking up in hospital  :o

I don't recall anything about what happened, but from what I found out later, I was just passing a point where a road joins from the side and this idiot came belting out at 40mph and went straight into me. I ended up somersaulting over the roof and landing in the road on the other side  :o

Fortunately, I was very lucky injury wise and only suffered a broken leg (about a couple of inches above my ankle). However I was off work for 6 months and as it was only a temporary contract I never went back. I did get compensation, but it took about three years to come through; lawyers never rush  ::)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: So... I ended up in an accident today « Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 10:35:40 PM » Author: Cole D.
I've been in two accidents. The first I was riding with my mom and we got hit. I was shaken badly but very stunned after. Thankfully everyone was ok. The second I was driving alone, a lady was quickly coming out of a parking lot and I didn't have time to stop and she ran into me. It was minor thankfully but still stressful to deal with.

Driving can be quite stressful, or even being a passenger. I'm glad everyone is ok.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: So... I ended up in an accident today « Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 10:36:04 PM » Author: Cole D.
I've been in two accidents. The first I was riding with my mom and we got hit. I was shaken badly but very stunned after. Thankfully everyone was ok. The second I was driving alone, a lady was quickly coming out of a parking lot and I didn't have time to stop and she ran into me. It was minor thankfully but still stressful to deal with.

Driving can be quite stressful, or even being a passenger. I'm glad you're ok.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: So... I ended up in an accident today « Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 10:05:42 AM » Author: Rommie
Driving can be quite stressful, or even being a passenger. I'm glad everyone is ok.
I'm ok driving, but I'm the world's worst passenger  :D  I hate being in a car when somebody else is driving, I just sit on the edge of my seat practically chewing my fingernails  :D

Funnily enough, I'm ok on buses. Perhaps it's because I used to be a bus driver.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 10:42:21 AM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies