Author Topic: Emailed power company about street lights  (Read 3179 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 08:50:04 PM » Author: Lumex120
I guess I kind of got nervous. I mean, who knows who is going to call or what they're going to ask me. And I don't even know if I can fit one of these fixtures in my car or how I'm going to get them. I mean a Powr/Bracket is as tall as my chair, at least, and an AEL probably close too.
A Powerbracket is about 37" long.

Unofficial LG Discord

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 12:18:23 AM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah, and apparently an AEL 165 is too from the spec sheet. Yeah, I don't think I can store anything that big. I gave them my number anyway. I could always see if they have any NEMA buckets, those would at least be easier to store.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 01:19:20 PM » Author: Cole D.
Well, they called me today. They said they only replace the lights if they aren't any good at all, and when they do they just scrap them, so they wouldn't be worth messing with. So I guess there's no way to get any unless I buy one on eBay, which I might get a NEMA head there. But I won't be able to get a GE Powr/Bracket or an AEL 165 there because there never are any or any MV ones.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:20:56 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 10:58:54 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Hey, at least you tried!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 04:48:07 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Well, they called me today. They said they only replace the lights if they aren't any good at all, and when they do they just scrap them, so they wouldn't be worth messing with. So I guess there's no way to get any unless I buy one on eBay, which I might get a NEMA head there. But I won't be able to get a GE Powr/Bracket or an AEL 165 there because there never are any or any MV ones.
eventually I may be able o help out get a power bracket.... there is a ton of them at a local scrap yard.. I can snag a few eventually... parent's would not appreciate me dragging one of those huge things into the house though... and I'd look awful suspicious hauling one of the home in the middle of the night.  a fluorescent fixture is one thing.. an entire 400W power bracket fixture is a whole other animal...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies