Author Topic: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences  (Read 13962 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 04:29:55 AM » Author: Michael
I like tubular cfls with pin socket. The most reliable here in Europe are Philips and Osram ones.
form109
Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 12:06:20 PM » Author: form109
i've never had a problem with my ge cfl's they all lasted their rated life,that is unless i accidently dropped them.
Nineaclock

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 07:47:01 AM » Author: Nineaclock
i've never had a problem with my ge cfl's they all lasted their rated life,that is unless i accidently dropped them.
Ya or get a shipment in from UPS with all the CFL lamps broken that fun, and you get to clean it all up buy your self :)
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 11:37:22 AM » Author: lightman64
beware of higher wattage GE spirals. they burn and smoke at EOL.

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

sss2008

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 12:12:05 PM » Author: sss2008
Same here, I use GE CFL's and haven't had major problems with them. I've had a couple early failures, but we still have quite a few that have been going for almost 2 years now. :)
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 02:30:31 PM » Author: lightman64
sylvania is my favorite - they have many color tempeture choices. ge is ok too ; probally my second favorite. N:Vision i used to like but around 3 years of service they turn different colors and it is annoying.

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!

Mr. Big
Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 03:44:59 PM » Author: Mr. Big
sylvania is my favorite - they have many color tempeture choices. ge is ok too ; probally my second favorite. N:Vision i used to like but around 3 years of service they turn different colors and it is annoying.

It's the first color changing CFL!  ;D
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 03:49:53 PM » Author: lightman64
what? N:vision?  that is the only one that changes color ;D

arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 06:27:05 PM » Author: arcblue
My favorite are the old magnetic adapters that used standard PL or PL-C lamps, and the magnetic capsules made by GE, Panasonic, Feit and others. I would use those exclusively IF they were still made and if they actually could be made small enough to use in regular fixtures.

I currently use brands such as Feit, Lights of America, MaxLite, Sylvania, GE etc. I stay away from dollar store/no-name brands and I dislike instant-start spirals (boring).

I'm lampin...

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 07:08:01 PM » Author: lightman64
 Lights of America and MaxLite are really cheap brands that aren't safe.

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 07:35:27 PM » Author: lightman64
GE- seems to be pretty good

Sylvania- has weird kelvin rating index but they are ok too

N:vision- becoming cheaper lately and the phospors degrade quickly resulting in the bulb cahnging color

NOMA- new to the market ; regular cfls have a problem with somking from the ballast, the colored ones are ok.

Lights of America and Bright Effects- Cheap quailty cfls DON"T USE THEESE. i saw one blow up in lowes the other day.

Dollar Store Brands- DONT BUY THEESE!! they have fake UL approval ratings and are know to catch fire.

If i left out anyhting tell me and i will comment on it from my prespective.  ;D

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 07:48:42 PM » Author: FGS
If anyone give me any store brand CFLs or I relamp a friend's house with good CFLs. I would keep those even the dollar store CFLs. Purely for collecting. Lit once for a pic and to see what the starting mode is and the color.

As for the GE CFL. I have one that is almost used daily in a desklamp by my dad since 2005! Not bad for a China CFL! I am not kidding, it lasted that long and it's still going! It's a Helical with the smooth etch. Today's GEs are more pixelated.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 09:00:44 PM » Author: lightman64
where do you get NOMA bubls?

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 08:19:43 PM » Author: Silverliner
I much prefer the stick (triple U tube) style CFLs to the "pigtails", but I'd take circline adaptors and linear fluorescents over CFLs anyday!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Compact Flourescent Lamp Preferences « Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 09:54:59 PM » Author: lightman64
where can u get NOMA bubls??   ???

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies