Author Topic: The swear filter  (Read 662 times)
MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

ATL missriaelaine
Re: The swear filter « Reply #15 on: May 05, 2018, 07:44:54 PM » Author: MissRiaElaine
Same here, we're proper night owls. We'll be off to bed in a bit and up at around mid-day, that's our normal sleep pattern.

Ria in Aberdeen

I don't disapprove of LED's for domestic and other indoor use, I just don't like them for street lighting.

Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Re: The swear filter « Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 11:38:55 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
In my daily life, I swear often. I drop something, you bet Im cursing. Stub my toe? you bet the birds are taking off. Swearing is my thing, however in public when I'm out in about around people or doing business at a store, I do not use bad language (unless a shopkeep' is friendly and uses a swear in conversation with me, then I consider it OK for a word or two at that point). On here, I consider this public as I know none of you on a personal level, so I prefer not to use direct bad language here. I do on rare occasion put something like 'AF' since I do see things like that here and there from other members.
MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

ATL missriaelaine
Re: The swear filter « Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 04:14:40 AM » Author: MissRiaElaine
I just don't see the need for continual swearing like some people tend to do. Do we really need the f word three times in every sentence..? Yes, if I drop a brick on my foot I'll probably let rip, but not in everyday conversation.

Ria in Aberdeen

I don't disapprove of LED's for domestic and other indoor use, I just don't like them for street lighting.

Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Re: The swear filter « Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 10:20:53 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Pretty much everyone I know swears at least once in a conversation, neighbours, friends, family. But I have my limits
MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

ATL missriaelaine
Re: The swear filter « Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 10:39:37 AM » Author: MissRiaElaine
Pretty much everyone I know swears at least once in a conversation, neighbours, friends, family. But I have my limits
I just don't see the need for it. What is its purpose..? Why do you swear..? For me, an expletive is just that, if I drop something on my foot, or if I just miss a train, or something annoying like that. Even then I will moderate my words depending on who if anyone is around me. But some people I know punctuate every sentence with swear words, it's totally bewildering to me. To a lesser extent, I have great difficulty in understanding why many people use the words 'like' or 'kind of' three or four times a sentence. Why do they feel the need to do this..?

Isn't English grammar taught in schools any more..? Huh?

Ria in Aberdeen

Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Re: The swear filter « Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 03:02:30 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Like I said above, In public when I'm doing shopping or in a public place I have no issue using polite language. Swearing is just something that occurs often where I am. Even the radio stations have dared to use the A word on air now and then and commercials on radio hint at the F word. A truck dealer often uses the slogan "Thats trucking awesome!" On their radio advert. Even I find that cheesy
Danny

View Gallery

Re: The swear filter « Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 04:02:27 PM » Author: Danny
You ainít going to get on with me then  If we meet then like as I kind of swear very often !
Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines